Skip to main content

I'm hosting InStyle's Method Monday today

I'm doing a tutorial over at InStyle's blog for Method Monday! Since this week is all about Hawaii at InStyle Stamps blog, I thought we could create some bright and cheery flowers for our projects!

I've had so much fun that I made a few different flowers so check out this flower tutorial and then go over to InStyle's blog to see the other flower.
Supplies are:
  • White paper (not shown)
  • Flower punch
  • Twine (corded with at least three strands)
  • Stylus
  • Paper Piercing Tool and pad
  • Matching marker and ink pad
  • Sponges
  • Glitter


Step 1: Apply liquid glue to one end of the strand of twine.

Step 2: Apply glitter to the glue. Make sure to get all sides of the dab of glue. Place it in a tall glass to dry. Repeat this for as many flowers as you are going to make.



Step 3: Punch out flower shape from white cardstock. Attach to sticky note and punch out a second time to double the petals. The sticky note acts as a handle to position the punched flower.



Step 4: Cut between petals about 2/3 towards the center.



Step 5: Sponge the edges.


Step 6: Sponge the center with a cotton swab and dot with a marker.

Step 7: Flip the flower over onto a piercing pad and rub the flower in a circular motion from the center to the outside.

Step 8: Turn over and with a small stylus or bone folder, press the center down to *pop* the petals up.


Step 9: Pierce a hole in the center just large enough for the twine to go through.

Step 10: Thread twine through the front of the flower.



Step 11: Glue together.



You're done! Now create as many as you want for a card, frame, bouquet or even a lei!
Do you like the pink flowers too? If you want to see them created head on over to InStyle Stamps blog and see it today!

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing this tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did SUCH a great job with this!! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great flower tut. I can't wait to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I snuck onto the ISS blog at work yesterday to check this out and can't remember if I left you a comment there, but this is totally fabulous!! They look like really expensive Primas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful creation!! I will have to try to make these flowers!! Thanks for sharing and the tutorial!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a fab tut honey i have bookmarked it to try later, hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!

Popular posts from this blog

Friends Purge Hop 2012

A few blogging friends of mine are having a hard time letting go of much loved papers and embellishments, so we decided to share them with all of you in a week long Purge Hop!  If you’ve already been hopping along you have come from Julee’s blog , but if you are starting here just look at the list below for all the links to before and after to get in on all the fun. Just comment once on the hop spots you want a chance to win and tell us what you spy as your favorite item(s). The hop will stay open until January 28th, 5PM ET. Each of my friends will post a winner from their prize post on Monday, January 30th!       1. Tosha 6.  Julee     2.  Andrea 7.  Janelle     3.  Maureen 8.  Betty     4.  Sonja 9.  Teresa     5.  Laurie Here's my treasured supplies I'm willing to give away!  Numerous 6 x 6 sheets of scrapbook paper from these ...

Let's Celebrate Plain Jane Style!

There is an Anni-Verve-Sary party going on today! Verve Stamp Company is 2 years old! The hop started at Verve's blog , so come hop on board and see over 5 dozen projects that are sure to get your Verve on! I've been waiting for the right time to blog about this project and when the opportunity came to join in the anniversary blog hop for Verve I knew it was time. My blog hop project today uses all Plain Jane Bible verses from Verve. I saw this project at Susan Roberts gallery on Splitcoaststampers and went to her blog to get the details . I decided to make one for my mother as a Christmas present...in 2008. Yep, I just now finished it and I have the blog hop to thank. Using sketches would have made this a whole lot faster. LOL The two cards shown in the picture above use the latest Plain Jane release for Psalm 121:1-2 (hanging on box) and Hebrews 11:1 (in front of box). And I'll give the details below, but first here's a slide show of the whole year. Hebr...

Stampendous New Products - CLOSED

The winner is announced on this post . Mark your calendar to join the Stampendous Design Team next Saturday, for a fun blog hop, complete with prizes you don't want to miss.  We'll be showcasing all sorts of products just released at Winter CHA! Welcome Second Annual Scrappy Bowl Party! Thanks so much for popping in to see my Scrappy project using some new Essentials by Stampendous! As our team is getting ready for the blog hop this coming Saturday I wanted to give you a sneak peek of a new product. It's gonna knock your socks off! The new Color Fragments are so much fun to work with and have so much versatility. The technique I used for this journal cover is the Encrusted Jewels Technique  (video). Color Fragments are sprinkled over Deep Impressions Embossing Powder along with Shabby Blue Embossing Enamel and heat set from the back of the project. (That's just so the fragments don't soar off the page and to the floor.) Now for the Sc...