Skip to main content

In Style Catch of the Day



Last week I mentioned I would be sharing a project I made and well I got busy with other posts and didn't get this one out.

I went very creative with a digital stamp from In Style Stamps. You have to go see their stamps! They are SO neat. The anime digi I used is called Alyssa. She is a catch isn't she? So much that she was featured in the sports section of the newspaper. She's not new but from a league of her own so you're seeing an article while she was still in her youth.

That's right! I designed the framework of the newspaper article and added the Alyssa digi-stamp as a "photo". Some time's I get an idea in my head and I can't stop until it comes to fruition. LOL

If there is interest I'll do a tutorial on how I made the newspaper article. I did it in MS PowerPoint!

I used only Prismacolor markers and pencils on the newspaper image adding a second arm with mitt for dimension. The baseball is made slightly like the felted cardstock tutorial over at SCS, but I could not get the napkin to stay adhered so I got out my Yes! paste and glued it on. The sketchy stitching is done by eyeballing a line on the back of the ball and then stitching back and forth over the line. I used a photo of a ball as my reference. The frame is made from Close To Cocoa cardstock ran through my Cuttlebug with a Sissix Distressed Emboss Plate which I rolled Chocolate Chip ink over it beforehand.



This acetate treat box (from SCS) uses a smaller, but whole image of Alyssa in Full Color. She hasn't aged a day has she? She still looks just as young as she was in that old newspaper article. ;) Since her size was too small for my markers I worked almost only in Prismacolor Pencils except for the larger areas of her shirt and hat.

Have a great week!

Janelle

Warning! The ink details are long!

Card Details:
Stamps: In Style Anime Alyssa Digital Stamp
Paper: Mohawk Smooth White, Stampin Up Chocolate Chip, White paper napkin (felted cardstock baseball)
Inks: LaserJet Printer, Chocolate Chip on embossing plate (frame), Prismacolor Markers (Brick White (base),Parchment (shadows), Light Walnut (background), Walnut (background), Brick Beige (skin and mouth), Clay Rose (skin shadows and mouth), Ash Grey (eyes); Prismacolor Pencils White (highlights), French Grey 20%, 70% (Hair), Brick Beige (skin), Clay Rose (skin)
Ash Grey (eyes), Jade Green (eyes)
Accessories: DMC Floss Thread red, Sissix Distressed Texturz Plate, 3D Dots and Dimensionals, MS Powerpoint software

Acetate Treat Box Details:
Stamps: In Style Anime Alyssa Digital Stamp
Paper: Mohawk Smooth White, Pattern Paper unknown, Stampin Up Chocolate Chip
Ink: LaserJet Printer, Prismacolor Markers (Brick White (mitt), Parchment (mitt), Lilac (shirt/socks), Brick Beige (skin), Clay Rose (skin), Ash Grey (shoes), Celadon Green (Hair), Mint Cream (Hair); Prismacolor Pencils Lt. Umber (mitt), Dk. Umber (mitt), Burnt Ochre (mitt), Lilac (shirt), Imperial Violet, (shirt/socks), Light Peach (skin),French Grey 70% (shoes/pants), Black (shoes), Jade Green (hair), Olive Green (hair), Lt Cerulean Blue (eyes), True Blue (eyes), Poppy Red (mouth), Crimson Red (mouth and ball seams), Terra Cotta (mouth), French Grey 20% (pants), White (highlights)
Accessories: Offray Lilac Satin Ribbon, EK Success Dotted Wave Edger Punch.

Comments

  1. What a terrific idea! I'm going to have to go check out their stamps -- I think this is the first I've heard of that company. I love what you did with this image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Janelle! Really great and creative projects! TFS

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. your work is just amazing, so glad I came across your blog

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Celebrate Plain Jane Style!

There is an Anni-Verve-Sary party going on today! Verve Stamp Company is 2 years old! The hop started at Verve's blog , so come hop on board and see over 5 dozen projects that are sure to get your Verve on! I've been waiting for the right time to blog about this project and when the opportunity came to join in the anniversary blog hop for Verve I knew it was time. My blog hop project today uses all Plain Jane Bible verses from Verve. I saw this project at Susan Roberts gallery on Splitcoaststampers and went to her blog to get the details . I decided to make one for my mother as a Christmas present...in 2008. Yep, I just now finished it and I have the blog hop to thank. Using sketches would have made this a whole lot faster. LOL The two cards shown in the picture above use the latest Plain Jane release for Psalm 121:1-2 (hanging on box) and Hebrews 11:1 (in front of box). And I'll give the details below, but first here's a slide show of the whole year. Hebr...

Friends Purge Hop 2012

A few blogging friends of mine are having a hard time letting go of much loved papers and embellishments, so we decided to share them with all of you in a week long Purge Hop!  If you’ve already been hopping along you have come from Julee’s blog , but if you are starting here just look at the list below for all the links to before and after to get in on all the fun. Just comment once on the hop spots you want a chance to win and tell us what you spy as your favorite item(s). The hop will stay open until January 28th, 5PM ET. Each of my friends will post a winner from their prize post on Monday, January 30th!       1. Tosha 6.  Julee     2.  Andrea 7.  Janelle     3.  Maureen 8.  Betty     4.  Sonja 9.  Teresa     5.  Laurie Here's my treasured supplies I'm willing to give away!  Numerous 6 x 6 sheets of scrapbook paper from these ...

Stampendous New Products - CLOSED

The winner is announced on this post . Mark your calendar to join the Stampendous Design Team next Saturday, for a fun blog hop, complete with prizes you don't want to miss.  We'll be showcasing all sorts of products just released at Winter CHA! Welcome Second Annual Scrappy Bowl Party! Thanks so much for popping in to see my Scrappy project using some new Essentials by Stampendous! As our team is getting ready for the blog hop this coming Saturday I wanted to give you a sneak peek of a new product. It's gonna knock your socks off! The new Color Fragments are so much fun to work with and have so much versatility. The technique I used for this journal cover is the Encrusted Jewels Technique  (video). Color Fragments are sprinkled over Deep Impressions Embossing Powder along with Shabby Blue Embossing Enamel and heat set from the back of the project. (That's just so the fragments don't soar off the page and to the floor.) Now for the Sc...