Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Cast All Your Cares on Him


I'm starting a set of cards to send out to my Bible Study small group and Verve's 1 Peter 5:7 popped into my head for a good encouragement card. I'll post the whole set of them later, but wanted to get the first one out to also post about the sketch.


It's Verve's October Release week and the first sketch is where this card is inspired. I say inspired because I started with the sketch but couldn't get my elements to fit nicely without covering up half of the verse.

I am loving using my brayer with a little ink rolled on it, to give my cardstock some depth. It's easy, but deciding when to brayer was somehow difficult to do this time around. (This means that every element has something stamped on the back of the card. LOL) The medallion was stamped first and clear embossed a couple of times. Then I put a heavy hand on the Old Olive-inked brayer to get down into all the negative spaces of the medallion. I sponged around the edges with Ranger Vintage Linen and then Tea Dye Inks. The background is stamped, clear embossed and then sponged almost entirely with Vintage Linen and then around the edges with Tea Dye.

See those little glossy accents? Well that's what I used on plain old circles from a standard hole punch. Is that too frugal? LOL I got out my plastic palette and put down a pea-size amount of Glossy Accents, two drops of reinker and an amount of CTMH Create a paint that probably equals the tip of toothpick. I mixed that up and used my smallest art brush to drop onto the hole punch that was already on a Zots dot.

Thanks for stopping by!

Card Details:
Stamps: Verve Kindred Spirits and 1Peter 5:7, Stampin' Up Filigree BG
Paper: Mohawk Smooth White, Old Olive, Basic Black
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black, Old Olive, Ranger Vintage Linen and Tea Dye
Accessories: Black satin ribbon, Brayer, clear EP, Nestabilities Large Labels and circle die, hole punch, Glossy Accents + SU! Black Reinker + CTMH Creat a paint, Quickutz Retro Diamond EF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!