Skip to main content

Spread your {faerie} wings and Fly

I've got a very cool card I'd like to share. As some of my previous posts have mentioned that I'm just insanely tickled when I use my Prismacolor markers and this card showcases that precisely. How tickled I am not insane I might appear to be. Actually my neighbor mentioned that it might be the fumes from the marker, but that's a given, right?

I was looking for more free digital stamps to practice some more marker work when I came across this image (scroll down just a bit to see the black and white illustration) from a post on inky impressions challenge blog. How cute is this illustration!

I had a hard time starting to color this cute faerie, so I consulted my dear husband who is a Sci-fi slash fantasy fan and we have a small library of books to show for it. I originally started to color with a day scene in mind and then he threw me for a loop and said that fairies typically (in his books) come out at night. So I started in with darker colors and then he mentioned that some of them can have an aura around them. I think I need to practice basic central shading more after attempting an aura or candle for that matter, BUT I am so pleased with how it came out. I stippled some glue using a stencil brush around her to adhere some Martha Stewart crystal fine glitter (very hard to photograph). I dropped some more glue on the berries and used Martha Stewart carnelian glitter (I did the red glitter first and let it dry, but hindsight tells me two bits of advice. I should have done the crystal glitter first so the loose red wouldn't show up in places other than the berries and also the drop of glue for the carnelian was too much and the glitter clumped into a ball obscuring any shading I did with the markers.)



This card loosely uses the Viva La Verve Week 4 sketch with a twist of favorite colors. I used them all I think, but my favorites are the dominate colors: blue, green and brown.

Close-up of faerie. Squint and you might see the glitter around her body.



Hope you like it!

Card Details:

Stamps: Inky Impressions Digi stamp freebie (link above), Verve Forever in Our Hearts and Beautiful Kindness
Paper: Unknown brown background paper, Old Olive, Bashful Blue, Cream, Basic Black
Ink: Laserjet printout on digi, StazOn Jet Black, Prismacolor markers (about 15 of them)
Accessories: Cuttlebug Textile EF on photo corners and Leafy Branch EF on blue panel, red rhinestones from Kaisercrafts, Tiny Leaves Die from Stampin' Up.

Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!

Popular posts from this blog

Friends Purge Hop 2012

A few blogging friends of mine are having a hard time letting go of much loved papers and embellishments, so we decided to share them with all of you in a week long Purge Hop!  If you’ve already been hopping along you have come from Julee’s blog , but if you are starting here just look at the list below for all the links to before and after to get in on all the fun. Just comment once on the hop spots you want a chance to win and tell us what you spy as your favorite item(s). The hop will stay open until January 28th, 5PM ET. Each of my friends will post a winner from their prize post on Monday, January 30th!       1. Tosha 6.  Julee     2.  Andrea 7.  Janelle     3.  Maureen 8.  Betty     4.  Sonja 9.  Teresa     5.  Laurie Here's my treasured supplies I'm willing to give away!  Numerous 6 x 6 sheets of scrapbook paper from these ...

Let's Celebrate Plain Jane Style!

There is an Anni-Verve-Sary party going on today! Verve Stamp Company is 2 years old! The hop started at Verve's blog , so come hop on board and see over 5 dozen projects that are sure to get your Verve on! I've been waiting for the right time to blog about this project and when the opportunity came to join in the anniversary blog hop for Verve I knew it was time. My blog hop project today uses all Plain Jane Bible verses from Verve. I saw this project at Susan Roberts gallery on Splitcoaststampers and went to her blog to get the details . I decided to make one for my mother as a Christmas present...in 2008. Yep, I just now finished it and I have the blog hop to thank. Using sketches would have made this a whole lot faster. LOL The two cards shown in the picture above use the latest Plain Jane release for Psalm 121:1-2 (hanging on box) and Hebrews 11:1 (in front of box). And I'll give the details below, but first here's a slide show of the whole year. Hebr...

Stampendous New Products - CLOSED

The winner is announced on this post . Mark your calendar to join the Stampendous Design Team next Saturday, for a fun blog hop, complete with prizes you don't want to miss.  We'll be showcasing all sorts of products just released at Winter CHA! Welcome Second Annual Scrappy Bowl Party! Thanks so much for popping in to see my Scrappy project using some new Essentials by Stampendous! As our team is getting ready for the blog hop this coming Saturday I wanted to give you a sneak peek of a new product. It's gonna knock your socks off! The new Color Fragments are so much fun to work with and have so much versatility. The technique I used for this journal cover is the Encrusted Jewels Technique  (video). Color Fragments are sprinkled over Deep Impressions Embossing Powder along with Shabby Blue Embossing Enamel and heat set from the back of the project. (That's just so the fragments don't soar off the page and to the floor.) Now for the Sc...