Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Verve and more Verve, 5 in all

Since getting back from my vacation last week, I have been completely exhausted. I got my new Verve stamps the day after I got home and just barely inked them up. It took me three days to make time for this weeks Mojo Monday sketch!

So here is my card for the challenge and now it's ready to be sent off to my dad.

My card uses 5 different sets from Verve's May release. I didn't realize how many I was using until I posted on SCS just a few minutes ago. Up, Up and Away, Whimsy Tree, Dad's Day, World's Best and Protector (added to the brown pattern paper). Again I can't tell you where the pattern paper came from it was another Slab pack from Joann's. I used StazOn Jet Black ink for all the images and Close to Cocoa for the sentiment. I primed my aqua pen and colored the tree and hot air balloon with Old Olive, touched the sky with some Blue Bliss and trimmed the oval image with Close to Cocoa (I had colored a second balloon to go on the card, but I couldn't find a good flow with it included so I hope to use it on another card.) The hardware is from Stampin' Up Hodge Podge collection and the green ribbon is from Joann's. Let's see, I also ran the long rectangle cream cardstock through my Cuttlebug with a Sizzix Texturz Plate, it's not that visible in the photo, but it helps out the design a bit.

I'm heading off to bed, but I've wanted to say something about my dad. Since Jen Tapler's awesome fundraiser for Alzheimer's in May (her dad affected by this disease) it's been on my mind a lot so I'm going to make a small mention about him. I love him dearly. He's always needing to keep his mind and hands busy fixing things, but for more than a decade he's been battling against Parkinson's disease. I can't even imagine what it really feels like for my dad and so many others with Parkinson's, but I do know the feeling of being hopeless to help. I live over 800 miles away from him so I can't help in the day-to-day needs for my dad so I'm grappling with what I can really do since I live so far away. This Sunday is a fundraiser in his area for Parkinson's. It's called "Shake, Rattle and Stroll" and will be in the Denver area. If you live nearby and like to run, walk or stroll AND you know this event is legit, than get out there and exercise in my place. If you're not in the area and you do run, walk or stroll, then on Saturday or Sunday (Father's Day) think of those affected by Parkinson's and exercise in their honor (which is what I'll be doing) and you'll be keeping yourself on pace for a healthier longer life. Thank you for letting me share.

In honor of my dad, Ed, who is living with Parkinson's disease. Love you dad!

3 comments:

  1. good morning Jannelle, Beautiful crad! Your Father will love it!! I know what you mean about being tired after just getting home from vacation. Hope your energy catches up with you by the weekend. janny

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW ... love the card!!!!! Hope you get your energy back quickly. Good tribute to your dad also. My FIL had Parkinson's too, so difficult at times for all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, I'm sure your Dad loved it. Love the watercolored sky.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!