Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Simply Fabulous and Fast

This card was fast! I needed to get away from it all tonight so after tucking in my son and checking on my husband's agenda for the night (we usually have a Lost or Heros to watch) I got to run away to my craft room.

Right now we have two turbo fans blowing towards the ceiling in our kitchen eating area because there is a whole nicely cut 5 by 6 feet wide! We had a cold water pipe leak and my dear 3 old daughter exclaimed from the lunch table yesterday, "Mom, there is water coming to the floor from the ceiling." I've been dealing with a plumber, claim adjuster, and recovery service men for two days and now we wait for the wood to dry. So, I needed to run away and create.

This card is for Viva La Verve's April sketch with a {twist} of sentiment only. I chuckled when I read this challenge because that is all I've had of Verve stamps and told myself to break out the images even if it wasn't a Verve stamp.

I used an already punched SU Top Note die cut lying around and an extra File Folder tab punch. So from there I grabbed bright and cheery colors, some Diamond stickles, my Cuttlebug and embossing folders and began to combine everything.

The embossed cardstock (I don't have a name for it but it looked like that color was in the bottom pattern paper) is with Perfect Paisley emboss folder and then I used a small scrap of sponge and began sponging Only Orange, Ruby Red and then Tim Holtz Walnut Brown Distress Ink all over. The purple flower paper and orange bottom paper is from my DCWV Pocket Full of Posies stack paper pad. I punched the purple flower paper with the SU spiral punch and sponged walnut brown ink around the edges. The ribbon? Well I assume its another Michael's $1 bin find. My sentiment comes from Verve's Beautiful Kindness in Perfect Plum punched out with a SU circle punch. Then I cut another scrap of sponge and dabbed Ballet Blue and Lavender Lace onto white cardstock. die cut it with my Nesties second smallest Classic scallop die once, then twice in the same die for the embossed scallop edge, lastly turned it over and sponged, you guessed it, Walnut Brown ink over it. I dabbed it over the edges of the scallop as well. I embellished with Diamond stickles on the Perfect Paisley emboss, scalloped circle and dotted the green file folder tab.

I'm glad I ran away to the craft room tonight. It was fun putting this card together. Now off to bed.

Have a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!