Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Friday, April 24, 2009



Just a quick post, I hope.

This card is for the Viva La Verve Week 4 Sketch challenge. The twist was to create your own designer paper or patterned paper. I made it into too hard of a challenge and stayed up way too late. After about 4 attempts I finally use the first one I made.

I started with a light mint green paper and then went from there. Going Grey cardstock was nearby from a Verve Release Challenge card so I grabbed the same color ink and started inking up the green paper with Stampin' Up Retired Etruscan set.

After the grey images were down on paper I went back over the larger stamped areas with VersaMagic Chalk Cloud White ink to give it some depth, then sponged to fill in the empty spaces. I stamped an extra larger image onto some more paper and cut it out with a craft blade knife, then used dimensionals to pop it up off the card.

I took some white organdy ribbon and laid it down on a scrap of paper, then used my broad tip SU Going Grey Marker and colored my ribbon. I rubbed a cotton ball along the ribbon afterwards to blend and get rid of any extra ink. I'm sure other's already knew this, but I was just tickled to think I came up with it.

The sentiment is Verve's Thanks stamp which came along with a past order. I used Stampin' Up's Etruscan set for the designer paper. A few rhinestones and layered paper and the card was finished.

Have a great Friday!

1 comment:

  1. I love the unique look of this card. The colors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!