Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Verve March Release Party is TODAY!



If I'm seeing my computer clock correctly, TODAY is the day that Verve Stamps will be releasing new stamps sets and Plain Janes (stamps that are not plain but low cost at $3 each). I personally own all of the Plain Janes as my blog and gallery will verify.


If you haven't done an online release party, this one might be the best place to start. I believe you need to have an account on Splitcoaststampers. Then find the Verve forum and click on Release Party. That's where you want to be by 8pm ET on March 8, 2009.


I had fun making this card. I wanted to try a technique that I haven't done before and it turns out that the Color combo challenge (CC53) over at Splitcoaststampers not only gave me a great color scheme but the ticket to try something new. I wanted to do resist emboss. I'm amazed that I haven't tried it before. I never have any cardstock (CS) the color that I need so using ink to make the card stock match the rest of the card (sentiment, repeat color elements, etc). Guess what? I actually had the blue and green in a scrapbook packet that was gifted to me (thanks, Lori) a while back. So since I had the CS I didn't need to dry emboss. I ran across the "Kissing" technique on video over at Gina K's Design blog a few days ago. I didn't have time to perfect it, well not even to try it a second time, but it gave a nice texture to the background of my sentiment.


Thanks for stopping in and taking a look.


See the details at my gallery.


Is it me, or does this post have a large sum of links?


Have a blessed Sunday!


UPDATE: I just had to use the rest of my Filigree stamped paper so I made another card with the same Verve Release Sketch. Here it is.

1 comment:

  1. What spectacular cards! I love all the rhinestones at the scalloped edge. Such a great color combo. Thanks for visiting my blog. I'll be back to yours for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!