Not every day do I allow cats in my home, well not ever if I can help it. One of us in the family has an allergy, so we've stayed away from having furry felines as pets yet once we were unfortunate to have an actual cat burglar in our home for a few seconds. Our mini dachshund ran into it in the middle of the night, and I'm not sure who was more afraid of the meeting, but we haven't had a cat step foot in the house otherwise. Until Stampendous sent me these amazingly fun cats by the artist Laurel Burch.
There are so much more fabulous stamps from the art of Laurel Burch available from Stampendous you MUST stop by and see them all. I hope they continue this new line they are so much fun to color!
There is MORE Laurel Burch to see! Make sure you see today's post on the Stampendous Blog for great information on this new fabulous product line plus a few of my teamies are sharing projects they made with some Laurel Burch goodies.
Thank you for stopping by today, if you enjoyed the post let me know in the comments section and I'd love to see you again so look on my side bar for ways to follow my blog or get emails whenever I post.
Note: In this supply list affiliate links are used on Amazon (AZ) at no additional cost to you, though it means when you click the link and make a purchase I receive a few pennies as a commission. Stampendous (STM), Ellen Hutson (EH), Scrapbook Pal (SP) and Blick Studio (Blick) links are also listed for non-affiliate shopping.
- Laurel Burch Cling Indigo Cats Stamp Set (AZ, STM)
- (also available) Laurel Burch Indigo Cats Die Set (AZ, STM)
- Laurel Burch Free Coloring Guide (STM)
- Pirate Gold Embossing Powder (AZ, STM)
- Mixed Media White Paper (AZ, STM)
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad by Tsukineko (AZ, STM)
- Versamark Watermark Ink Pad by Tsukineko (AZ, STM)
- Large Acrylic Perfectly Clear™ Stamp Handle (AZ, STM)
- Wagner HT 400 Embossing Heat Tool (AZ, STM)
- Pink Fairy Cardstock by Bazzill Basics (company website)
- Sketch Markers by Copic® - B02, B04, B06, B26, B29, B69, BG01, BG13, BG15, E31, E35, E47, G16, R22, R29, RV06, RV19, V15, W5, Y17, Y32, YG06, YG17, YG67, YR04, YR09 (SP)
- Gold Uni-Ball Pen (AZ, EH)
- Brushed Corduroy (AZ, EH, SP), Ground Espresso (AZ, EH, SP) Distress Inks
- Sponge or Mini Ink Blending Tool (AZ, EH, SP)
- Mini MISTI Stamping Tool (AZ, EH, SP) (magnets, too)
- 1/2-inch Foam Mount Tape by Scotch (AZ, EH)
- Cut a piece of Mixed Media Paper to 4 x 5-1/4 inches.
- Place the paper in the MISTI Stamping Tool into a corner.
- Position the small Indigo Cat stamp onto the paper and close lid to cling stamp to lid.
- Stamp onto white paper with Memento Black ink as many times needed to get solid black lines.
- Place a sticky note over cat and stamp one more time, gently remove and trim out cat to use for a mask.
- Remove small cat, position large cat on white paper and cling to lid.
- Place mask on small cat and ink large cat stamp with black ink, repeat stamping large cat until you have solid black lines.
- Overlap two small sticky notes over stamped large cat, stamp cat one more time, gently remove and trim out cat to use as mask.
- Set masks aside for later and color cats.
- Add masks and begin sponging Brushed Corduroy all over background.
- Use the free template in the Indigo Cats Stamp Set to sponge circles around the background with Ground Espresso.
- Sponge Ground Espresso around edges of cardstock.
- Trace around both cats and all the circles with metallic gold pen.
- Tap the edges of the colored image onto a Versamark Watermark pad, then sprinkle Pirate Gold Embossing Powder on the edges. Tap off and set with the Heat Embossing Tool.
- Adhere stamped panel to finished folded 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 inch Pink Fairy card base with foam tape.