Happy Friday everyone! I'm so glad you stopped by today because I am wrapping up the week with a grand finale post for the Pink Your Life blog hop.
There are prizes for our hop and not your usual comment to win! We love to know that you see us across the online community and maybe even where you'd like to see our projects posted. All the details for the contest are on the Stampendous blog today.
Be sure to stop by all the other designer's post and give them a quick comment, we really do love to hear from all of you!
Now for my project today. You may have already spotted this mixed media frame on the Stampendous website or even from a post over at the Pink Your Life blog, but this project was created for the January 2017 Stampendous catalog!
Note: In this supply list affiliate links are used on Amazon (AZ) at no additional cost to you, though it means when you click the link and make a purchase I receive a few pennies as a commission. Stampendous (STM), Ellen Hutson (EH) and Blick Studio (Blick) links are also listed for non-affiliate shopping.
- Whisper Birthday Rubber Stamp (AZ, STM)
- Whisper Wall Rubber Stamp (AZ, STM)
- Special Day Rubber Stamp (AZ, STM)
- Southwest Background Metal Stencil (AZ, STM)
- Stampendous Dreamweaver Regular Paste 4 Oz (AZ, STM)
- Dreamweaver Palette Knife (AZ, STM)
- Build A Wreath Die Set (AZ, STM)
- Versafine™ Onyx Black Ink by Tsukineko® (AZ, STM)
- Mixed Media White Paper (AZ, STM)
- 90 lb. Watercolor Paper (AZ, Blick)
- Koi™ Watercolors by Sakura® (AZ, Blick)
- Colorbox™ Pigment Ink Pads by Clearsnap® - Lavender, Orchid (company website)
- DecoArt Media™ Fluid Acrylic Paints - Titanium White, Primary Yellow, Primary Magenta, Dioxazine Purple, Vermillion (AZ, company website)
- DecoArt Americana™ Acrylic Paints - Bluegrass Green, Mustard (AZ, company website)
- ZipDry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives (AZ)
- 3D Foam Adhesives Squares (AZ)
- Chocolate Bar Gift Box or Frame (6 x 8 inch window)
- Sponge (AZ) or Dauber (AZ, company website)
- Paint a frame or found object, chocolate bar gift box in image shown. Hand draw or stamp flowers around frame and paint, adding white paint dots randomly around the flowers by dipping the handle end of paintbrush dipped in paint.
- Glue book pages to insert or cardboard that fits into frame window.
- Stencil with Regular Paste onto insert with Southwest Background stencil and paint to match frame.
- Add brushed blue ink pad directly to stenciled area and rub in gently. Add white dots randomly as in step 1.
- Stamp Whisper Birthday and Whisper Wall onto watercolor paper and color.
- Trim around stamped images and glue Whisper Birthday onto frame insert or cardboard, add Whisper Wall using foam adhesive.
- Sponge Orchid ink onto Mixed Media White paper in a circle from the center out, then sponge Lavender in a outer ring around Orchid color blending the edges together.
- Stamp Special Day with Versafine Ink onto center of sponged paper and trim with circle die from Build A Wreath Die Cut Set
- Use black permanent pen around the edges for a hand drawn border and glue onto insert as shown.