Welcome to a new week and a new hop with the Stampendous design team! We will be using some awesome goodies from Creative Impressions, Inc.
The team was given new goodies in time for the last catalog release and I was completely in love with the ribbons. Not only are they beautiful they were in these nice little packages already wrapped around a card for storage! They sent us some fab hardware to play with as well and this week we are going to share our projects plus Stampendous will have prizes! Hop with us this week and comment on our posts for a chance to win one of three prize packages!
Here's who's hopping today!
Now for my project!
Even though the stamp set I used is a wintery name I decided to make these birds in a greener scene.
And I used a Metal Frame with Mini Round Brads for my sentiment. Plus a simple and sturdy 1/8" Grosgrain blue ribbon to add a pop of blue to finish off the card.
Here are the details of my project today.
CRS5092 Cling Winter Tweet Stamp Set
SSC1221 Bouquet For You
STF082 Versafine™ Onyx Black Ink by Tsukineko®
SSH57 Jumbo Acrylic Perfectly Clear Stamp Handle
#84502 Rectangle Metal Frame
#93001 Antique Bronze Mini Round Brads
#70505 Blue Grosgrain 1/8" ribbon
My Colors Cafe Ole and Brown Eyes Cardstock by My Mind's Eye
Sharpie Fine marker
Zip-Dry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives
Craft Dots Runner by Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®
Smooth cutting board or watercolor board
- Fold a 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inch cardstock in half for a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inch card base.
- Tape down 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch watercolor paper onto board.
- Position bird stamps onto paper and pick up with Jumbo Acrylic Perfectly Clear Stamp Handle.
- Ink stamps with black ink and stamp onto watercolor paper. Carefully wipe ink off of tape away from watercolor paper.
- Trace with pencil branch from template included in stamp set and then draw with black permanent fine tip marker.
- Watercolor birds and branch. Pencil leaf shapes around birds. Watercolor them and sky.
- Once dry, trim and tie ribbon around bottom.
- Stamp sentiment onto watercolor paper that has been colored with a complementing shade of bird image.
- Glue metal frame onto sentiment paper and trim around it with craft knife.
- Use mini brads to place onto bird image.
- Glue bird image onto slightly larger dark brown cardstock and then onto card base.