Moving right this week in the House-Mouse summer theme I'm sharing one that I really loved to color. It was really my first time to color rocks, tons of rocks. So I did a search for river rock and used an image for reference.
|photo credit: ebay search polished river rock|
Lea Fritts (Tuesday post)
HMR62 House-Mouse® Spigot Shower
SSC1246 Ocean Wisdom Perfectly Clear™ Stamps Set
DCP1006 Fitted Frames B Die Cut Set
DWLX7011 Big Dots Stencil
MPW811 Mixed Media White Paper
MEM01 Memento™ Tuxedo Black Ink by Tsukineko®
SSH57 Jumbo Perfectly Clear™ Acrylic Stamp Handle
My Colors™ cardstock by My Mind's Eye®
Sketch™ markers by Copic® (B60, C1, C2, C4, C7, E0000, E00, E21, E23, E25, E29, E31, E33, E40, E42, E44, E50, E51, E53, E70, E74, E81, E87, E89, N1, N2, N4, W3, W5)
3-in-1 Beacon Adhesives
Foam Tape by Tombow®
Ribbon by May Arts
Perfect Layers rulers by Perfect Papercrafting
- Fold a 5 1/2 x 11 inch cardstock in half for a 5 1/2 square inch card base.
- Layer between your embossing machine plates and embossing mat the Big Dots metal stencil onto the bottom plate then add paper and rest of pads and plates according to your machine's instructions and roll through your machine. Hand emboss with a stylus if the paper and stencil do not fit through your machine.
- Stamp Spigot Shower with black ink onto mixed media paper and color.
- Trim around image and layer onto color cardstock and trim with ruler, or measure and cut cardstock 1/8 inch larger than image size. Repeat with another layer of color cardstock.
- Trim Mixed Media White paper with Fitted Frames B die and one more with larger size in color cardstock.
- Stamp sentiment from Ocean Wisdom with black ink onto one end of white fitted frame die cut and glue onto color cardstock mat.
- Score along middle mark, fold and glue back to matted image layer. Add foam tape to the front and secure sentiment.
- Glue onto card base.
- Tie a bow around card front.