It's a fine day for a little sweet product fun! Our Stampendous Design Team has partnered with the Maya Road DT this week to bring you some fun and fabulous ideas. We've combined products that are sure to inspire and have you wanting to create with us! Ready to add to your list of projects? Okay, let's go...
...wait I almost forgot to tell you there are giveaways! Lots of goodies are to be won from Stampendous and Maya Road. Take a look at the details here and here. Comment on the blog posts all this week and for a grand prize get socially connected with Maya Road. Yep, go check out those "here" links to get it all cleared up.
Okay, here we go...
So can you believe I went wintery in the middle of September? I am just as surprised! lol I pulled out all my supplies and began to play adding some new DecoArt paint in the mix (more coming on my blog with those fun products) and then it was all over when I thought to add a hole punched in the chipboard. I couldn't decide what this might end up being and I liked the idea of a tag ornament. I'll tell you how I put it together.
(detail product names and links are at the bottom of my post)
Stamps and Essentials from Stampendous
Chipboard, trinket pin and flowers from Maya Road
Fabric pennant (I made my own)
Old edging lace and twine
- Paint chipboard with Cocoa Bean Satin paint.
- Press outer ring of Lucky Stars chipboard into Versamark Ink Pad and pour Aged Black Embossing Enamel over all of it. Gently shake off and heat from the back until it's good and hot, then start heating from the front. Some enamel will fly off, but just keep heating and you'll end up with a mottled fun look.
- Repeat embossing with the inner Lucky Star and Aged Silver Embossing Enamel.
- Use clear double-sided adhesive dot to adhere silver embossed star to circle chipboard.
- Add twine through a hole punched in the circle chipboard and tie old lace ribbon around the top into a bow.
- Stamp Happy Anniversary sentiment onto a fabric pendant shape and sew around it adding some aged stains with instant coffee mixed in water and a brush.
- Add pendant and Ruffle Blossom with dot adhesive.
- Add Vintage Pearl Trinket Pin to lace bow.
- Use wet glue around bow and flower as well as around the circle chipboard to adhere White Mica Fragments.
Krissy on her Paper Inkspiration blog.
If you've just found our partnered hop this today here is a full list of links to take for maximum inspiration.
Maya Road Design Team blog
Janelle Stollfus - that's me!
Stamps: Soaring Sentiments (Stampendous)
Ink: Jet Black (StazOn, Tsukineko), Versamark Watermark (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Aged Black Embossing Enamel (Stampendous), Aged Silver Embossing Enamel (Stampendous), White Mica Fragments (Stampendous), Lucky Stars Chipboard (Maya Road), Vintage Pearl Trinket Pins (Maya Road), Ruffle Blossoms (Maya Road), Cocoa Bean Satin paint (DecoArt), 3D Foam Squares Variety Pack, DODz - Medium (Scrapbook Adhesives), Zip-Dry glue (wet glue, Beacon Adhesives), hole punch (Crop-a-dile, WRMK), fabric scraps, twine, sewing machine, scissors, Instant coffee, paintbrush