Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Kittens at Christmastime



I'm back today with some more fun with our Action Wobble partners! You're last stop was at Jan's blog and if you are just starting out here you can scroll down to the hop list and start from the beginning. 

There's something about kittens and Christmas and plenty of videos of them attacking holiday trees. When these two fun stamps came out in the Stampendous July Catalog they were meant to be on a card together. The only wait was for some tinsel to hit the shelves and Hobby Lobby came to the rescue this month! Yay for early Chistmas shopping! LOL


Christmas Kitten has gotten into the tree ornaments... again. This time he's been caught in action though. Do you think he looks innocent? Well, this time it's all propped for the photo, but next time you see a trailing of tinsel around your home, it might just be him!


I stamped, colored and trimmed out the Stampendous Christmas Kitten . Before adding the Action Wobble Spring to the back I added some Cotton Ball White Fun Flock to the Santa hat as all hats of this style must have fluff to them. I cut the striped paper shape to size and sprinkled Sterling Silver Embossing Powder and then Silver Halo Glitter mix around the top edge. The key to doing this is to heat it from the back side of the paper. You won't need to have anything to adhere the powder to that way. It's freeform, it's Fran•táge! I stamped the Tangled Tinsel sentiment and embossed with Midnight Black Embossing Powder. I trimmed it down and added a black border. This is where something was missing and had to add in the black border on the top and bottom of the striped panel. It just looked like it wasn't grounded on the page. So I carefully wrapped the kitten with the tinsel-like cord and then added the Wobble spring to the back of the kitten first then put it on my card. The cord is hanging just below the spring so it doesn't interfere. I tacked down the cord to one paw and then loosely strung it across the bottom of the card. That's it!


Here's another wobble in action.




Here's who is playing today:

We'll choose one of the above bloggers at random and they will choose one commenter on their blog at random (so be sure to comment on every blog as you go along) to win:

6 Action Wobbles Springs
and
 

You're next hop is to Julie's blog... have fun and

Details:
Stamps: Christmas Kitten (Stampendous), Tinsel Tangle (Stampendous)
Paper: Wonder Paper Pad (Authentique), Kraft (Wausau), Black
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento, Tsukineko), Copic Markers
Accessories: Sterling Silver Embossing Powder (Stampendous), Silver Halo Glitter Mix (Stampendous), Midnight Black Embossing Powder (Stampendous), Cotton Ball White Fun Flock (Stampendous), Silver trim cord (Hobby Lobby)

Pin It

66 comments:

  1. How cute!! I love that kitten! and the tinsel!! Its so perfecT!! And the silver embossing powder.. what a great addition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janelle, This card puts a smile on my face!! Thanks for sharing your creative processes and techniques. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kitten tangled is very adorable and right on character withs cats. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that he's all wrapped up in garland looking naughty! AMAZING, Janelle! Can you send me some of that creativity ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, this card is so cute! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card! the cat is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what an adorable sentiment and I love how you used the tinsel to "tie" it all in. The image is precious. Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ack! Another fun video! Fabulous card too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, so cute! Love the kitty wrapped in tinsel!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG!! That is soooo cute!!

    mimicaro9650 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute card!! I love your kitty!!
    Angela
    http://angelascraftyspot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh, my i think you caught the kitten that i let out of the bag! cute card and thanks for the little video to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love cats, and with this action wobble look great, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! I love the tinsel. I'm a new follower.

    http://happyscrapper64.blogspot.com/
    HappyScrapper64@bex.net

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card!! Thanks for the instructions and videos.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww, this card is adorable! I am in love with this cute little kitten!! He looks so sorry for getting into the tree!! lol That face is just too cute! I love all the extras on your card, so fabulous and the tinsel is just too perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is brilliant! I thought about tinseling up the bear but the kitten wobbling and full of the tinsel is adorable! Not only that those kittens love messing with the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cute, Janelle. Love how you used the tinsel.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a cute cat card. Thanks for the tinsel idea.
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute! Reminds me of the Cat in the Hat

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is soooo cute!!! Love the tinsil!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my goodness, such an adorable card and a perfect sentiment! Anyone who has ever had a cat can totally relate. We stopped putting tinsel on our tree because our cat use to get into it so badly!

    mary3mom at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your little Christmas kitten! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love how you wrapped the "tinsel" around the cat. Too purrfect! Reminds me of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn2h3_aH3vo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Kitties are near and dear to my heart! I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this card. love the tinsel!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is the cutest Christmas card. I love it!
    Kathy:)

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a fabulous card!!! Love the tinsel wrapped kitten! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. As the human of three cats, I can say SO TRUE So True. Wickedly cute curious cat card for the hop day 2

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ok..you are having WAAAAAY too much fun with this... Can I send you a list of videos I would like made? Thanks for sharing this ADORABLE card. So clever to wrap the kitten in tinsel!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my gosh Janelle. Your card is adorable TFS.
    dmcardmaker (at AOL dot com)

    ReplyDelete
  32. what a cute kittie! wobbles are so much fun to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  33. So cute. Just love the card. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I know a cat lover who would enjoy this one ! I love the wobbly kitty and tinsel

    ReplyDelete
  35. Absolutely love this so Adorable. Awesome coloring. So glad to be collaborating with Stampendous! this week

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great card and I love your color palette!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Very cute with the kitten and all the tinsel!

    ReplyDelete
  38. So cute! This kitten reminds me of my little one last Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Very helpful blog! and tutorial is really exciting! keep sharing such a nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  40. This is sooo very cute. Made me laugh. I could picture this happening to fur babies each Christmas holiday. Smooches...

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love this card. The kitten is so cute and I really like how everything (paper and tinsel) works together.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love this card. The kitten is so cute and I really like how everything (paper and tinsel) works together.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Love the colors and how everything goes together. (paper and tinsel)

    great job!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Really like the sentiment. Makes me laugh!
    claudiamatzke at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  45. Super cute card, I love the way you used the tinsel with the kitten. Your choices of color put it all together. stierlen.c@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. fran at stampendousAugust 15, 2012 at 1:03 PM

    Love the video...meow!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Oh my goodness,too adorable. What a fantastic stamp image and that sentiment is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  48. That's so cute! What cat is ever still.Wobbly cats would never sit quietly under the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Wow such a cute card!
    ajscrapbookingcards@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  50. Your kitty card has inspired me to try new things, I'm new to card making. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Awesome card! I like the glitter and you kitty is so cute. TFS AJ-

    ReplyDelete
  52. I love the spray like effect on top and the cat is oh so cute wapped in tinsel. FUNtastic!

    marg0006 at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  53. Janelle,

    That kitten is ADORABLE!!! :) I love your special touches: what you did with the silver embossing powder and your real tinsel!

    I love this layout, Jan!!! :) What a great idea to tuck a whole mini behind your photo! (I am jealous of your humming bird, by the way! We have to be sure to plant some things that will attract them.)

    Thank you so much for sharing,

    Jennifer
    partridgelu at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  54. Wow, what a cute card!! Love the tinsel wrapped around the cat!! HUgsxx

    ReplyDelete
  55. Janelle, you are so creative! And talented! And your cards are wonderful! I love this kitten and how clever of you to tangle him in tinsel! Just lovin' it!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Janelle, this is such an adorable card! Love your clever way you added the tinsel and sentiment! Just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Super cute card; love the tinsel on the cat and the sentiment is perfect. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  58. Just love, love your card! The kitten is adorable. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  59. fabulous and fun card!
    Migdalia
    mrodriguez860@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  60. The kitten and wobbles go together so great. You do great work. TFS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!