Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Spread your {faerie} wings and Fly

I've got a very cool card I'd like to share. As some of my previous posts have mentioned that I'm just insanely tickled when I use my Prismacolor markers and this card showcases that precisely. How tickled I am not insane I might appear to be. Actually my neighbor mentioned that it might be the fumes from the marker, but that's a given, right?

I was looking for more free digital stamps to practice some more marker work when I came across this image (scroll down just a bit to see the black and white illustration) from a post on inky impressions challenge blog. How cute is this illustration!

I had a hard time starting to color this cute faerie, so I consulted my dear husband who is a Sci-fi slash fantasy fan and we have a small library of books to show for it. I originally started to color with a day scene in mind and then he threw me for a loop and said that fairies typically (in his books) come out at night. So I started in with darker colors and then he mentioned that some of them can have an aura around them. I think I need to practice basic central shading more after attempting an aura or candle for that matter, BUT I am so pleased with how it came out. I stippled some glue using a stencil brush around her to adhere some Martha Stewart crystal fine glitter (very hard to photograph). I dropped some more glue on the berries and used Martha Stewart carnelian glitter (I did the red glitter first and let it dry, but hindsight tells me two bits of advice. I should have done the crystal glitter first so the loose red wouldn't show up in places other than the berries and also the drop of glue for the carnelian was too much and the glitter clumped into a ball obscuring any shading I did with the markers.)



This card loosely uses the Viva La Verve Week 4 sketch with a twist of favorite colors. I used them all I think, but my favorites are the dominate colors: blue, green and brown.

Close-up of faerie. Squint and you might see the glitter around her body.



Hope you like it!

Card Details:

Stamps: Inky Impressions Digi stamp freebie (link above), Verve Forever in Our Hearts and Beautiful Kindness
Paper: Unknown brown background paper, Old Olive, Bashful Blue, Cream, Basic Black
Ink: Laserjet printout on digi, StazOn Jet Black, Prismacolor markers (about 15 of them)
Accessories: Cuttlebug Textile EF on photo corners and Leafy Branch EF on blue panel, red rhinestones from Kaisercrafts, Tiny Leaves Die from Stampin' Up.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!