Skip to main content

Circle of Friendship Mix-Ability Challenge


It's Friday friends! There is a new Mix-Ability Challenge today, as in every Friday on Splitcoast Stampers, and I'm getting torn to pieces of it! Jeanne has given us the challenge to make circle flowers and I made them with torn paper! {Check out my simple tutorial on how I made the circle flower on this card}


This is my Circle of Friendship day. Yesterday I had a whirlwind day and when those come around there are a few friends that are drawn into your circle of chaos and uncertainty instead of whipped away from it all.

Thank you friends for calling and checking in on my family. You are the best. For all my blogging friends it was just a big day for us and we made it through just fine!

So here is the simple and easy way to help you tear yourself up with flowers in circle shapes or any shape for that matter!


On the back side of you paper use a large ball stylus or burnish tool and press a circle in three or for different sizes.



Tear the paper that is around the outside of the circle up and away from the shape. This shows the white core of the paper if it has any, but also there is a width of tear. I'm tearing on white paper so if it were printed paper that would be facing you in this photo.

I added some depth to the flowers with a paper crimper on the leaves and some Copic Markers on the petals for shaded sides of petals. The brown lines are drawn with a triplus marker by Staedtler.

Details:
Stamps: {none}
Paper: Anthologie (WRMK), lime green and haute red (Wausau)
Ink: Alcohol Markers (Copic), triplus color pen (Staedtler)
Accessories: paper crimper (Fiskars)

Pin It

Comments

  1. Stunning! Thanks so much for sharing with us!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a pretty card! Great idea! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, thanks for the tip about tearing the flowers. I just love how everyone of your cards is a little work of art. SO stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Celebrate Plain Jane Style!

There is an Anni-Verve-Sary party going on today! Verve Stamp Company is 2 years old! The hop started at Verve's blog , so come hop on board and see over 5 dozen projects that are sure to get your Verve on! I've been waiting for the right time to blog about this project and when the opportunity came to join in the anniversary blog hop for Verve I knew it was time. My blog hop project today uses all Plain Jane Bible verses from Verve. I saw this project at Susan Roberts gallery on Splitcoaststampers and went to her blog to get the details . I decided to make one for my mother as a Christmas present...in 2008. Yep, I just now finished it and I have the blog hop to thank. Using sketches would have made this a whole lot faster. LOL The two cards shown in the picture above use the latest Plain Jane release for Psalm 121:1-2 (hanging on box) and Hebrews 11:1 (in front of box). And I'll give the details below, but first here's a slide show of the whole year. Hebr...

Friends Purge Hop 2012

A few blogging friends of mine are having a hard time letting go of much loved papers and embellishments, so we decided to share them with all of you in a week long Purge Hop!  If you’ve already been hopping along you have come from Julee’s blog , but if you are starting here just look at the list below for all the links to before and after to get in on all the fun. Just comment once on the hop spots you want a chance to win and tell us what you spy as your favorite item(s). The hop will stay open until January 28th, 5PM ET. Each of my friends will post a winner from their prize post on Monday, January 30th!       1. Tosha 6.  Julee     2.  Andrea 7.  Janelle     3.  Maureen 8.  Betty     4.  Sonja 9.  Teresa     5.  Laurie Here's my treasured supplies I'm willing to give away!  Numerous 6 x 6 sheets of scrapbook paper from these ...

Stampendous New Products - CLOSED

The winner is announced on this post . Mark your calendar to join the Stampendous Design Team next Saturday, for a fun blog hop, complete with prizes you don't want to miss.  We'll be showcasing all sorts of products just released at Winter CHA! Welcome Second Annual Scrappy Bowl Party! Thanks so much for popping in to see my Scrappy project using some new Essentials by Stampendous! As our team is getting ready for the blog hop this coming Saturday I wanted to give you a sneak peek of a new product. It's gonna knock your socks off! The new Color Fragments are so much fun to work with and have so much versatility. The technique I used for this journal cover is the Encrusted Jewels Technique  (video). Color Fragments are sprinkled over Deep Impressions Embossing Powder along with Shabby Blue Embossing Enamel and heat set from the back of the project. (That's just so the fragments don't soar off the page and to the floor.) Now for the Sc...