Happy Friday everyone! It's almost the weekend, and I've got one last project before we all get busy with weekend games.
This week there is a SUPER easy and fantastic result technique for Lydia's Mix-Ability's challenge.
We get to use a glue stick!!!!!
I'm also sharing another Laurel Burch design stamp set by Stampendous!!!! It's called Blossoming Woman and another really fun stamp set to try out! Stop by the Stampendous blog to catch more tips on coloring in the style of Laurel's signature vivid and beautiful palette, PLUS some of my Stampendous teamies have Laurel Burch inspiration today, too!
If you need to know how to make this card, I've got all the details for you below. If you decide to make this card or anything with the new Laurel Burch Stamps OR join in the Mix-Ability challenge let me know, I would love to see it!
Note: In this supply list affiliate links are used on Amazon (AZ) at no additional cost to you, though it means when you click the link and make a purchase I receive a few pennies as a commission. Stampendous (STM), Ellen Hutson (EH) and Blick Studio (Blick) links are also listed for non-affiliate shopping.
- Blossoming Woman Stamp Set by Stampendous (AZ, STM)
- (also available) Blossoming Woman Die Set (AZ, STM)
- Mixed Media White Paper (AZ, STM)
- Wagner HT 400 Embossing Heat Tool (AZ, STM)
- 90 lb. Watercolor Paper (AZ, Blick)
- Kraft Cardstock
- Archival Ink Pad by Ranger (AZ, EH)
- 1.0 Pigment Liner 308 Pen by STAEDTLER (could not locate)
- Koi Watercolor Paint Set by Sakura (AZ, EH, Blick) - Carmine, Pale Orange #7, Vermillion Hue #18, Lemon Yellow #2, Yellow Green #7, Viridian Hue #31, Cerulean Blue #25, Purple #24, Burnt Sienna #12
- Gansai Tambi Starry Colors Set by Sakura (AZ, EH)
- Glue Stick by Avery (AZ, EH)
- Mini MISTI Stamping Tool (AZ, EH, SP) (magnets, too)
- 1/2-inch Foam Mount Tape by Scotch (AZ, EH)
- 1" flat wash brush
- Round brush
- 3M Scotch 2090 Blue Painters Tape: 1-inch (AZ, Blick)
- Rub a glue stick on Mixed Media White Paper and let dry, or to dry quickly use an Embossing Heat Tool.
- Load a 1" flat brush with watercolor paint of choice and swipe across dry paper only passing over the same area once or twice. Let dry.
- Remove the black foam piece from the MISTI stamping tool and place a piece of watercolor paper down holding it in place with strong magnets.
- Position the woman stamp from the Blossoming Woman set onto the watercolor paper and close MISTI lid.
- Open MISTI and ink stamp with waterproof ink. Repeat until you get a solid image.
- Remove stamped image and tape it to a flat surface and paint with watercolors. My starting palette is mentioned in the supply list, and I mixed up different shades of blue, flesh and brown tones.
- Let dry and then trim around the image and add foam tape to back. Leave the backing in place for now.
- Trim resist background to 3-3/4 x 5 inches and draw a border 1/8" with black 1.0 liner pen.
- Position the watercolor image over the background paper and create dots with the Yellow Gold paint from the Starry Colors set.
- Remove the watercolor image and splatter a few more places on the background paper with the gold paint. Let dry.
- Use a 0.5 black liner pen to outline the gold dots. Clean pen on a scrap of regular paper if it starts to dry up or gets clogged by the glue on the background paper.
- Glue the background paper to an A2 size (4-1/4 x 5-1/2 inches) Kraft cardstock card base.
- Take off the backing on the foam tape and place the watercolor image down onto the card base.