Welcome back to the hop with Pink Your Life stamps from Stampendous! Hope you're in for some Pink Your Life cuteness because I did my best to bring it out in my project today.
My card today is using the Whisper Garden Perfectly Clear Set by Stampendous and two types of watercolors plus white acrylic paint for splatters.
I stamped in waterproof ink and began coloring with Prismacolor Watercolor Pencils because I did have pencil legs to color, right?
I went back with my Winsor and Newton Watercolor Markers. I really do love the intense color from these markers, but to have them play nice with the pencils I scribbled them off on a Perfectly Clear Acrylic Stamp Handle and used an aqua pen.
The process was repeated with a leaf background and then on both of the watercolor panels I splattered white paint that was watered down with a squirt of water, I was careful not to splatter onto the image, but it was pretty easy to quickly wipe up when I did.
I hope you enjoyed my project today and now it's time to hop to the next stop. Remember commenting on each of the blogs during the hop enters you into the prize drawing over on the Stampendous blog. Find all the details there.
Janelle Stollfus - you are here!
Supplies List:Note: In this supply list affiliate links are used for Amazon (AZ) at no cost to you, though it means when you click the link and make a purchase I receive a few pennies as a commission. Stampendous (STM), Ellen Hutson (EH) and Blick Studio (Blick) links are also listed for non-affiliate shopping.
Available at Stampendous:
- Pink Your Life Whisper Garden Stamp Set by Stampendous(AZ, STM)
- Life Words Perfectly Clear Stamp Set (AZ, STM)
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad by Tsukineko (AZ, STM)
- Mixed Media White Paper (AZ, STM)
- Large Perfectly Clear Stamp Handle (AZ, STM)
- 90 lb. Watercolor Paper (AZ, Blick)
- My Colors Mint Julep and Black Cardstock (company website links)
- Decoart Media® Fluid Acrylic Paint - Titanium White (AZ)
- Prismacolor Watercolor Pencils (AZ, Blick)
- Winsor and Newton Watercolor Markers (AZ, Blick)
- Zip-Dry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives (AZ)
- 3D Foam Adhesives Squares (AZ)
- 3M Scotch 2090 Blue Painters Tape: 1-inch (AZ, Blick)
- Simply Simmons Script Liner Brush (AZ, Blick)
- Pentel Arts Aquash Water Brush, Medium Fine (AZ, EH)
- Perfect Paper Crafting Mini Layers Tools (AZ)
- Tape down the watercolor paper and stamp Whisper Gardener with black ink.
- Use watercolor pencils to color, add highlights with watercolor markers.
- Let dry and then splatter with 1:1 mix of Titanium White paint in a heavy loaded script brush.
- Repeat steps 1 through 3 with the leaves stamps on a new piece of watercolor paper. Let dry.
- Glue down both pieces onto black cardstock and trim with layers tool.
- Glue down leaves panel onto folded 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 inch card base.
- Add foam adhesives to the back of Gardener panel and adhere to card base.