Welcome back to the Friday Finale blog hop! If you haven't been hopping with us all week, we are having a great time sharing new and catalog projects that use some great ribbons and hardware by Creative Impressions. A big thank you for Laura Weed for finding them and letting us create with all these fabulous goodies!
Stop by the Stampendous blog to get ALL the links for each hop day and prize details - basically hop and comment then check back early next week to find out if you were one of the randomly picked winners!
Here's the hop list for today, remember you can go back to the Stampendous blog for all the hop lists on all of the days!
Janelle Stollfus - you're here!
If you get to a blog post that isn't there, go to their home page and look for the blog hop banner in a post or
check back later, sometimes we get our time zones crossed and post at different times.
Now for my project.
Here is Christmas Papa from the Whisper Christmas Perfectly Clear Stamp Set. I chose watercolor to bring him alive, maybe a little watercolor obsessive, here he is in progress. ;)
And here is the coolest ribbon by Creative Impressions. I tied it to look like a present! Aw.....
For the entire process to make this card, look no further than a few lines down. I've provided a supply list and instructions!
Hope you've been enjoying the hop and now it's time to go on to Tenia Nelson for more inspiration!
SSCP104 Whisper Friends Christmas Perfectly Clear Stamp Set
SSC1231 Holiday Expressions Perfectly Clear Stamp Set
MS4044 Holly Scroll Stencil
MEM01 Memento™ Tuxedo Black Ink Pad by Tsukineko®
SSH46 Large Acrylic Perfectly Clear Stamp Handle
#70267 LT Silver Gray Glimmer Ribbon by Creative Expressions®
My Colors™ Seafoam cardstock by My Mind's Eye®
Aquamarine Archival Ink by Ranger®
Koi™ Watercolors by Sakura®
Colorbox® Paintbox® Ocean Breeze Chalk Ink set by Clearsnap® (French Blue and Aquamarine)
Painter's tape and small board for painting surface
Double-sided sticky tape
- Fold a half sheet of Seafoam cardstock in half for a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch card base.
- On a board or water resistant work surface, tape trimmed 4 x 5 1/4 inch watercolor paper about an 1/8 inch from each edge.
- Ink up the Papa or Santa stamp with Aquamarine ink and stamp once off on scrap paper then stamp onto watercolor paper as shown.
- Repeat with presents stamp.
- Paint stamped images with watercolors and then around edges of paper.
- Remove tape and set on flat surface over a piece of scrap paper.
- On another piece of scrap paper, dab chalk ink onto corner of Holly Scroll stencil. First French Blue and then Aquamarine. Or use a chalk ink that matches the color cardstock.
- Lightly spray inked stencil with rubbing alcohol and carefully lay it down on a corner of watercolor paper. Press onto paper to leave a stencil impression. Repeat as necessary and mask off watercolor images before adding stencil design.
- Tie Gray Glimmer ribbon in a knot around two corners of watercolor paper as shown.
- Adhere watercolor paper to card base with double sided sticky tape.