The very least you need for a beach is water and sand, right? Then the basics are covered with the Stampendous Beach 5-Jar Embossing Kit. It was the go-to essential for the April 2016 catalog that it having so many summer and beach themed stamps and stencils.
Today I'm sharing a catalog project that I was SO excited about making...
a beach place card!
It was really a fun project and if done in assembly-line style would take hardly any time to create for a small group. Here are the supplies and instructions for my project today, but before that here are the list of other designers sharing today!
CRS5090 Cling Seashells Stamps Set
SSC055 Retro Alphabet Perfectly Clear Stamp Set
DCS5090 Seashells Die Cut Set
DCP1006 Fitted Frames B Die Set
R249 Wood Background Stamp
EK22 Beach 5-Jar Embossing Kit
EP508 Mushroom Embossing Powder
FRC17 Peach Color Fragments
MPW811 Mixed Media White Paper
MEM101 Memento™ Tuxedo Ink by Tsukineko®
SSH23 Small Perfectly Clear Acrylic Stamp Handle
EPA50 Heat Tool
My Colors™ cardstock by My Mind's Eye®
Memento™ London Gray Ink by Tsukineko®
Markers by Copic® (W3, W5, W9)
Pan Pastels (Yellow Ochre, Orange, Turquoise)
Zip-Dry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives
Foam Tape by Tombow®
Twisted Burlap by May Arts
Decorative Scissors (optional)
- Stamp Wood Background with London Fog onto the center of a 4 7/8 x 5 1/2 inch piece of Mixed Media White Paper. Stamp above and below the first stamped image.
- Score at 3/4 inches along the top of the 4 7/8 inch width.
- Shade wood with markers and turn over and color in from the edges with darkest gray marker.
- On the scored edge emboss from the score line towards the edge of the paper with the Beach 5-Jar Kit in Golden Sand, Mushroom (separate container), Sky Blue and Pacific Blue. Sprinkle one powder at a time and heat from the back of the paper.
- Cut along embossed edge with decorative scissors or carefully tear.
- Add a sprinkle of Peach Color Fragments to the embossed beach and heat from the back side of the paper.
- Fold at the score line towards the wood stamp and then roll the paper into a tube, gluing to the other end of the paper.
- Stamp shell with black ink on another piece of Mixed Media White Paper and color with Pan Pastels. Die cut with coordinating set.
- Stamp name, or names if doing multiple placecards, on Mixed Media White Paper with black ink and die cut with Fitted Frames B dies that is 3 3/8 inches wide. Cut color cardstock with the larger of that set at 3 1/2 inches wide.
- Adhere the stamped name onto color cardstock frame with foam tape and glue onto the wood paper tube.
- Adhere shell with foam tape to stamped name.
- Tie a long piece of burlap into a small bow with long tails and glue below shell on the embossing. Trim burlap to fit width of paper tube.