Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Friday, February 26, 2016

Stampendous and Eileen Hull Garden Hop Finale


Welcome back for the big hop finale! The design teams have been making whimsical creations all week and we are so glad you came along for our creating along the garden path!

Be sure to hop on all the days this week and comment as you like, because three commenters will be picked to receive the prize packages for the hop. Details are on the Stampendous blog!

Here is my project for today!


I decided to create a terrarium out of Eileen Hull's Canister die using the Stampendous Terrarium Perfectly Clear Stamp Set.

I stamped the die cut canister in Rich Cocoa ink and then used my Copic E31 Wide marker all over it with detail color in E99 and E43. I cut all four sides and added acetate windows adhering them with redline tape. The inside was an afterthought so I spent time stamping coloring and then marking the box cut outs onto the paper with my light table. Sigh. LOL.


The terrarium is lined with pebbles and young blades of grass, stamped on kraft cardstock and colored with Prismacolor pencils.


There is a hand made log with branch included on it, perfect for a fairy to sit for a spell. The log is used from leftover cardstock made for the inside of the canister.


A great view from every angle!


The sign is double sided by stamping on a rubber gasket and then pressing the cardstock onto it, another regular style stamping, both colored and cut out to glue together.


A delicate flower garland was made with the flowers from the Mushroom Home Perfectly Clear Stamps and Dies Set on white paper and to get the flower on both sides the light table was used again with the Copic 0.5 multiliner pen and colored on both sides.


Thanks for stopping by, a complete list of supplies are located at the end of the post, but now it's time to hop onto the next designer's post!

Stampendous Blog

Jamie Martin

Pam Bray

Louise Healy

Janelle Stollfus - you are here!

Kristine Reynolds

Laura Drahozal

Wendy Price

Pam Hornschu

Lea Fritts

Eileen Hull Blog


Details:
Stamps: Terrarium Perfectly Clear Stamp Set and Mushroom Home Perfectly Clear Stamps and Dies Set (Stampendous)

Eileen Hull Dies: Sizzix ScoreBoards XL Die - Canister
Paper: Mixed Media White Paper (Stampendous), Sizzix Little Sizzles - 6" x 13" Mat Board Pack, clear acetate, kraft cardstock
Ink: Rich Cocoa and Tuxedo Black Memento Ink (Tsukineko), Copic Markers (E31, E99, E43, E44, E89, G14, RV52, RV55, Y13, Y19, V15, V17), Prismacolor pencils
Accessories: Spanish Moss, I {stick} papers~redline tape, hot glue tool, Mono Liquid glue (Tombow), rubber gasket repair kit sheet (found at an auto store), white thread, piercing mat, easy thread needle, +2.00 reading glasses

Pin It

23 comments:

  1. what a creative terrarium- I did spy the fairies (in my imagination).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulously unique way to use the cannister die . Love your terrarium. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely terrarium. I missed the fairies

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you read my mind!! I ordered the Terrarium set yesterday with creating something very close to this in my head for when it arrives! I love this and can't wait to play with my set!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your terrarium is adorable and I like the flower garland!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The canister as a terrarium - great idea. I love this. The coloring on the outside of the terrarium is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Squeee! Looks amazing! I'm sure a fairy will take up residence soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the box.
    You could put one of the battery-operated candles
    in their for a light if you wanted. Would make
    a fun piece to have on display.
    thanks for sharing a delightful idea.
    Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just darling! Love that windows in the canister and how delicate all the pieces are placed! Such a great little terrarium! Thank you for sharing today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Janelle! Such an amazing inspiring idea! Your terrarium is so fun! See any fairies yet? ♡HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's so cute! I love terariums. They are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your terrarium, it's so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darling! I love the woodgrain! How clever to create a terrarium. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Never would have thought of this. Cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous terrarium. I like the flower garland.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Completely adorable.. I just love it. Especially the Fairies welcome sign. ^_^ ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. WHAT! This is crazy cool Janelle. WOW.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!