Welcome to my little crafty puddle today! I'm hopping with Stampendous and May Arts today in a HUGE blog hop! If you're in the know about this then you have probably come from Kristine Reynolds blog so you are in the right spot! You're next hop will be to Tenia Nelson's blog.
We've been hopping all week long and today is the big party of all hops, so grab a comfy spot to sit and hop along. If you are just joining the hop you can start over on the Stampendous blog.
There is a plethora of prizes from Stampendous. Check out the Stampendous blog for details and official rules, but not only do US/Canada peeps get a chance to win, so do Stampendous fans in Australia, too! That is awesome, right? Yep. And May Arts is having a great prize on their blog too.
It's a US holiday coming up this weekend and for me, I didn't want it to pass by without coloring House-Mouse Designs® Patriotic Painters, so for our international friends I hope you don't mind, they are a trio of pretty cute mice all by themselves whether they have a flag behind them or not.
Here's how I made this card.
HMR33 Patriotic Painters
MPW811 Fran's Mixed Media White Paper
CP811 Creative Palette MonoPrinting Plate
SH57 Jumbo Acrylic Stamp Handle
MEM01 Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad
Cardstock by Core'dinations®
1/8-inch Royal Blue Ric Rac Trim by May Arts Ribbon
1/4-inch Red Chevron ribbon by May Arts Ribbon
Alcohol Markers by Copic®
Prismacolor Colored Pencils by Sanford®
Paint by DecoArts®
- Fold a 5 1/2 x 11 card base in half for a finished size of 5 1/2 inches square.
- Make a monoprint with Creative Palette plate and acrylic paints.
- Stamp Patriotic Painters with Tuxedo Black ink onto white Mixed Media paper and color with markers.
- Color shadows and highlight flag with "strokes" of paint with colored pencils.
- Trim a piece of tan cardstock and adhere onto card base. Repeat with a smaller piece of monoprint paper and glue down onto card base at an angle.
- Trim textured cardstock the size of colored image and glue each down onto the card base at differing angles.
- Wrap card front with coordinating ribbon and tie in a bow.
|Fun combination of ribbons from May Arts|
Thanks so much for stopping by to see my project. This slightly mixed media card is also for the Splitcoaststampers Mix-Ability Challenge MIX127: Red, White and Blue. Join us if you want, it's an easy approach to mixed media.