This week the Stampendous team is hopping with Art Anthology and we are so very excited to mix our goodies together on a few projects and share the results! Check back on the Stampendous blog for new blog links to follow.
Today's hop, you would have just come from Asia's blog to mine and then you'll jump on over to Amy's blog.
We’ll be giving away three terrific prize packages this week consisting of aStampendous Creative Palette Monoprinting Plate, a $20 Stampendous Reward Card to spend on our website, an Art Anthology Stencil, and one each Dimensional Crystal,Colorations Spray, and Dimensional Paint from Art Anthology (colors are random). Wow!! Now that’s something to slip under the tree for yourself! (PLUS – a little reindeer told us that Art Anthology will be giving away EVEN MORE paints and goodies over on their blog!!)
To be eligible to win, just comment on each blog post and each day of the collaboration with Art Anthology. Just so you are not confused we are hopping with Core'dinations today as well, so if you want to see the projects from that hop you can stop by here.
Jumbo Cling Dear Santa Stamp Set
Holiday Words Perfectly Clear Stamp Set
White Chunky Embossing Enamel
Versafine Onyx Black Ink Pad by Tsukineko®
Creative Palette Monoprinting Plate
Big Dip O'ruby Sorbet Dimensional Paint by Art Anthology®
Linen Sorbet Dimensional Paint by Art Anthology®
Plush Colorations Spray by Art Anthology®
Champagne Dimensional Paint by Art Anthology®
Gesso by Art Anthology®
White Cardstock by Core'dinations
Red Silk Cardstock by Core'dinations
Recycled Kraft Card by Darice®
Colored Pencils by Prismacolor®
Water-soluble oil pastels by Binney-Smith®
Acrylic Paints on the monoprint paper by DecoArt®
Zip-Dry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives®
Odorless Mineral Spirits
0-1 liner paint brush
- Cut monoprint paper down to size needed for card, around an A2 sized card.
- Use template from Dear Santa Stamp Set and apply gesso only to the inside of the template (shape of Santa).
- Stamp Dear Santa using a stamp positioning tool if desired, onto the dried gesso area.
- Use colored pencils and some odorless mineral spirits to blend a light layer of color on all areas of the image.
- Paint Big Dip O'ruby Sorbet paint onto Santa suit. Add Linen to white fur of suit. Let Dry.
- Stamp words around the edges of the kraft card base and set aside.
- Once the Sorbet is dry, cover Santa with mask from Dear Santa Stamp Set and spray Plush Colorations around image. Some paints will resist the spray, so carefully use a paper towel to soak up the puddles of color.
- Color dark oil pastel around image and rub in with finger or paper stump.
- Sprinkle Chunky White Enamel around edges and heat from the backside of the cardstock.
- Paint or color green slashes on the right and left sides of Santa.
- Cut a corner from red cardstock and adhere behind painted image then glue onto card base.
- Rub a bit of red acrylic paint onto a strip of medical paper tape. Stamp word collage from Dear Santa Set and when dry adhere to the bottom of Santa iamge. Angle it slightly if you like.
- Cut a thin strip of red Silk paper and glue onto paper tape.
- Stamp presents image from Holiday Words in black ink. Color present with green acylric paint, smudge a little oil pastel at the baswe and spray with Plush before trimming closely around image.
- Glue three sets of presents onto card base.
I'm sure there is a step I missed somewhere but I have covered the most important steps. Enjoy creating with this stamp
Stamps: Jumbo Cling Dear Santa, Holiday Words (Stampendous)
Paper: White cardstock, Kraft cardstock (Core'dinations/Darice)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko), paints (Art Anthology), colored pencils (Prismacolor), water-soluble oil pastels (Binney-Smith)
Accessories: White Chunky Embossing Enamel, Creative Palette Monoprinting Plate (Stampendous), Acrylic Paints on the monoprint paper (DecoArt), Zip-Dry™ Paper Glue (Beacon Adhesives), Medical tape, Odorless Mineral Spirits, 0-1 liner paint brush, Scissors, Heating Tool