Skip to main content

Learning to Dance


 Oh to dance in the rain. It would be so nice right now. I've been in the depths of some graphic design work and it's almost complete, but a little jaunt in the rain would give me refreshing energy to get done. So far, it seems everyone is happy with how it is turning out and that makes me so much more the happier. I promise, I said this last week, I'll show you all of what has kept me from blogging more. It will all be finished in the next week and that's being said with a lot of hope. {wink}


My card this week is with one of my favorite sketch challenges. Yep, Viva La Verve time with a great sketch from Charmaine. It's a beautiful sketch. I held my breath when I saw the layers, but this one is oh so easy to use. I even added a layer! Hee-hah.

I embossed some Wausau kraft cardstock with a folder from the Sissix's Dots and Flowers set and sponged Brushed Corduroy ink around the edges. The back panels are framed with black cardstock that I cut with a dull blade hoping it would distress without any extra effort on my part. The flower pattern paper is a clearance find from Graphic 45 called Poppy Field. Oh yes, I edge punched the black mat on bottom with Martha Stewart's Hydrangea edge punch.

I stamped on the green mat with a motif from the Thankful Accents set from Verve in Brushed Corduroy. I stamped the circle frame from the same set in Tuxedo Black, fussy cut it out and then held my breath as I, sponged up to three different colors of pink, reds and plum, then added a copic color of V93 and lastly sponged Brushed Corduroy around the edges. It looks close, but I'm glad I didn't have to stamp it again and start over, I was out of colors to try. 

The sentiment is from Verve's Blue Skies set and stamped in Tuxedo Black. Amazingly I still don't have a spiral edge punch. I'm not sure where to look for one that has circle holes instead of the square kind. Well, I got out my omni-grid ruler and measured 3/8-inch away from the top and drew a line and made a mark every 1/8-inch. With a small hole punch I lined up on the marks and punched away then clipped them open with some scissors. The sketch is finished off with a strip of green cardstock ran through a paper crimper and then rubbed directly onto the Brushed Corduroy ink pad with a little bit of sponging to distress it.

That's it from me today! I hope to get back into the swing of card making next week as my time gets untied with my other projects. Until then, craft up something to share in the Viva La Verve gallery and I'll catch ya next week.



Details:
Stamps: Thankful Accents (Verve Stamps),  Blue Skies (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Poppy Field (Graphics 45), Kraft (Wausau), Cream (Wausau), scraps of green
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento, Tsukineko), Brushed Corduroy, Worn Lipstick, Spun Sugar (all from Ranger Ink), Ruby Red and Perfect Plum (Stampin' Up), V93 (Copic Markers)
Accessories: Hydrangea edge punch (Martha Stewart), embossing folder (Dots and Flowers set, Sissix), paper crimper (Fiskars)

Pin It

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Celebrate Plain Jane Style!

There is an Anni-Verve-Sary party going on today! Verve Stamp Company is 2 years old! The hop started at Verve's blog , so come hop on board and see over 5 dozen projects that are sure to get your Verve on! I've been waiting for the right time to blog about this project and when the opportunity came to join in the anniversary blog hop for Verve I knew it was time. My blog hop project today uses all Plain Jane Bible verses from Verve. I saw this project at Susan Roberts gallery on Splitcoaststampers and went to her blog to get the details . I decided to make one for my mother as a Christmas present...in 2008. Yep, I just now finished it and I have the blog hop to thank. Using sketches would have made this a whole lot faster. LOL The two cards shown in the picture above use the latest Plain Jane release for Psalm 121:1-2 (hanging on box) and Hebrews 11:1 (in front of box). And I'll give the details below, but first here's a slide show of the whole year. Hebr...

Friends Purge Hop 2012

A few blogging friends of mine are having a hard time letting go of much loved papers and embellishments, so we decided to share them with all of you in a week long Purge Hop!  If you’ve already been hopping along you have come from Julee’s blog , but if you are starting here just look at the list below for all the links to before and after to get in on all the fun. Just comment once on the hop spots you want a chance to win and tell us what you spy as your favorite item(s). The hop will stay open until January 28th, 5PM ET. Each of my friends will post a winner from their prize post on Monday, January 30th!       1. Tosha 6.  Julee     2.  Andrea 7.  Janelle     3.  Maureen 8.  Betty     4.  Sonja 9.  Teresa     5.  Laurie Here's my treasured supplies I'm willing to give away!  Numerous 6 x 6 sheets of scrapbook paper from these ...

Stampendous New Products - CLOSED

The winner is announced on this post . Mark your calendar to join the Stampendous Design Team next Saturday, for a fun blog hop, complete with prizes you don't want to miss.  We'll be showcasing all sorts of products just released at Winter CHA! Welcome Second Annual Scrappy Bowl Party! Thanks so much for popping in to see my Scrappy project using some new Essentials by Stampendous! As our team is getting ready for the blog hop this coming Saturday I wanted to give you a sneak peek of a new product. It's gonna knock your socks off! The new Color Fragments are so much fun to work with and have so much versatility. The technique I used for this journal cover is the Encrusted Jewels Technique  (video). Color Fragments are sprinkled over Deep Impressions Embossing Powder along with Shabby Blue Embossing Enamel and heat set from the back of the project. (That's just so the fragments don't soar off the page and to the floor.) Now for the Sc...