Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Friday, April 7, 2023

Chine Collé with Rubber Stamps

Happy Good Friday!

I’m stepping out into socials with my turn hosting in the Mix-Ability forum. I hope you’ll stay a while, indulge my seemingly high threshold for doing things the hard way, and take something to spark your creativity!



I have been eyeing this traditional technique for a few months wondering if there is a way to use my paper crafting supplies to do the same thing. I came across a post by a UK artist who uses drypoint etching as the "stamp", but today I'll share how I tweaked her idea to work with a cling-mounted stamp.

I'm not going to lie, it took me several passes to get the technique for this one card down, but if I had the chance I would probably make more! Here are some pros and cons, plus tips to help you decide if you want to try it!

Pros:
  • Debossed design similar to an embossing folder
  • Spot of color technique
  • Use your diecut machine for stamping
Cons
  • It's a process of art, not a quick project
  • I'm sure there is another con, but it's so new to me that I'm happy to learn how to do it!
Tip:
  • Use a collage or detailed stamp where the areas you wish to be laminated are surrounded by design.
  • Don't paint the glue all the way to the edge. We can go back and glue down any areas that don't stay put. Here's my take on laminate printmaking with Chine Colle.
  • Press down on the top of the plate



If you are ready to play along, head on over to the post





Supplies
: I provide some product links that are through my Amazon Affiliate, and that means when clicked and purchased in the same session a few pennies are sent my way at no cost to you.

Supplies:
  • Retired Stamps
  • Diecut machine (Cuttlebug)
  • Fun Craft Foam
  • Tissue paper or thin paper (deli paper, mulberry paper, etc. )
  • Versafine Ink Pad
  • Elmers (PVC) Glue
  • Water Mist bottle
  • paintbrushes
  • Black pens for details
  • Glitter Pen (Spectrum Noir - Biscuit)
This is a short post, but I hope the video will help you figure out this technique, BUT you are challenged to be inspired by it so go have some fun!

I'm a maker who receives goodies chosen by myself for design team work. To see a list of these companies just scroll to the bottom of my blog under FTC Declaration.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!