Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Friday, December 16, 2022

Peace and Serene for a Challenge


It's a weird feeling to say it is December and weeks away from 2023. And even more to look back and see just how few posts I've done. My health is doing better, and my crafting space is almost ready to be moved into for the second time (a long story that I may or may not have mentioned in previous posts).

Aside from all of that, I'm glad to be able to say I'm still hosting in Splitcoaststampers Mix-Ability challenge and today is my challenge. It always seems like I'm trying to find a quiet and serene place to recharge during the last three months of the year, so I decided to make it part of the challenge. 



I did a search for winter sky watercolor and did a tutorial which came out really not good, so I searched again and found this tutorial by Projects with Kids, and it was E.A.S.Y. easy. Give it a try!



Supplies: I provide some product links that are through my Amazon Affiliate, and that means when clicked and purchased in the same session, a few pennies are sent my way at no cost to you.

Featured Product(s):
  • Avery Elle: Let It Snow (FS)
  • Reverse Confetti: The Best Gift of All (FS, EH)
Plus:
Now for how I put together my card for today. 

I grabbed some old linen texture cardstock and traced around the bottom of a paint bottle for the moon. I used that as my guide to making the blue shade of rings, slightly blending the transitions. Then a quick spattering of watered-down white paint over the moon sky and set it aside to dry. I stamped the trees twice from Let It Snow and cut them out with scissors and a craft knife. The sentiment is from The Best Gift of All originally as a 3-line sentiment, but with the help of scrap paper for masks and my MISTI tool, I turned it into a 1-line sentiment. 

That's about it. Enjoy your crafting time, and we'll see you again... probably for the next Mix-Ability challenge! 

I'm a maker who receives goodies chosen by myself for design teamwork. To see a list of these companies, just scroll to the bottom of my blog under FTC Declaration.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!