Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Friday, May 8, 2020

Imagine A Mixed-Media Challenge


Happy Friday, everyone! Today I'm popping in to share a project. A colorful and whimsical card for the Splitcoaststampers Mix-Ability challenge this week hosted by little ole me! 

Our challenge is to use a type of fold or window, an opening of sorts, that we haven't tried before. Keeping with the guidelines of mixed-media, this challenge is pretty wide-open to try out! 

The never tried portion of this card today was the interactive shutter inside the card. I'm sure I've made a gate-fold before, but it's still a rare fold for me. Check out the tutorial on Splitcoaststampers.


Bright acrylic paints and whimsical Laurel Burch stamps are the pieces that make my shutter gatefold card sparkle! See the project supplies and instructions below.

One last thing before you scroll down on the 'How To', I'd like to focus on a small business during this time of COVID-19 change. If you decide to purchase the featured products, consider getting them from the Frantic Stamper company. They stock many Stampendous products and so much more!

Supplies: I provide some product links that are through my Amazon Affiliate, and that means when clicked and purchased in the same session, a few pennies are sent my way at no cost to you.

Featured Product(s):
Plus:
Instructions:
  1. Create a monoprint. Per monoprint plate unpacking and use instructions to create a layered monoprint. Start with Olive Green and Gold Yellow paint, brayer, and pull a print. On another sheet of white paper pull second print to use for another project. Without cleaning, add magenta and little amount of white paint and spread with prayer. Lay down the stencil and pull the print on the first one done with green and yellow.
  2. After monoprint is dry stamp Script onto paper with Onyx Black ink.
  3. Use Shutter Gatefold Tutorial.
  4. Stamp the sentiment from Laurel Burch Imagine Butterflies set onto Mixed Media White Paper and cut with a circle die. Use color cardstock and other circle dies for the mat.
  5. Stamp the smallest butterfly from Laurel Burch Imagine Butterflies set onto an unused section of the monoprint and die cut out. Stamp the larger butterfly on color cardstock and die cut out, stamping the antennae and hand trimming. Glue onto the larger butterfly.

I'm a maker who receives goodies chosen by myself for design teamwork. To see a list of these companies, just scroll to the bottom of my blog under FTC Declaration.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!