Skip to main content

Leprechaun Lure Challenge


I'm dropping a fun challenge on the blog today, because it has been a while since I've been here and I wanted to share a fun mixed media card from the challenge. I hope you are all doing well, and still getting into the crafting space more than I have been.

If you are ready to jump into the challenge, here is the link. MIX633: Leprechaun Lure


I wanted to use the new (to me) Crocheted Mandala embossing folder on my project so I worked around it. Ironically I ended up with only a little strip of it on my card BUT I love the details of the folder.

The rest of the steps are down below in the instructions section. Hope you are inspired to try something like this card or even a technique I used. Have fun! 

About supplies;
Find what you have on hand for these supplies and always look for the best price for your needs, but for convenience to you, I spent the time linking products with my Amazon Affiliate account below. This means when clicked and purchased in the same session, a few pennies are sent my way at no cost to you.

Supply List
: I provide some product links through my Amazon Affiliate.

Featured Product(s):
  • Crocheted Mandala EF (AZ)
  • DecoArt Metallic Lustre Silver (AZ)
  • Gold Metallic Paint (AZ)
  • Paper Towels (thin - AZ, regular - AZ)
Plus:
  • Clair Nocturne Ink Pad (AZ)
  • Abandoned Coral Distress Oxide (AZ)
  • Picked Raspberries Distress Oxide (AZ)
  • Flower stamps (mine is a retired set) (alternate SBC)
  • Gelli Arts Monoprint Plate (AZ, alternate AZ)
  • Acrylic Paint in Viridian, White, Brown and Yellow
  • Rainbow Loom Rubberbands (AZ)
  • Nuvo Crystal Drops (AZ)
  • Watercolor paint (AZ)
Instructions:
  1. I wiped up a previous watercolor mess with commercial paper towel at work, and it looked so pretty I saved it. Mix a bit of red, and orange, and more yellow all over a nonporous surface and then lay the towel down on the wet surface. Dry and keep it handy for a project like this one!
  2. For the challenge it was a bonus to mix your own gold, green gold at that for leprechaun lure. Equal parts were suggested on the internet, of brown and yellow but it took a bit more yellow. I added a smudge of viridian green to give it the green gold.
  3. On a dry watercolor paper towel, make marks with the gold mixed paint. Add whatever else you want like I added white tinted viridian spatters all over and marks with leftover viridian on my palette knife.
  4. Add it to white cardstock card base cut for an A2 envelope, 8-1/2 x 5-1/2 inches folded to 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 inches).
  5. Glue and trim the paper towel to the card base.
  6. Emboss coral cardstock with Crocheted Mandala 3D embossing folder, rub with metallic wax or paint in gold.
  7. Use up the rest of the mixed gold paint on scrap of white cardstock and spatter with white tinted viridian paint.
  8. Monoprint a viridian background paper. Add white and viridian paint to monoplate with roller/brayer. add rubberbands randomly and pull a print on white cardstock, set aside. Add viridian and a few smudges of brown paint to plate and roll it out, laying the first pulled print over the plate and rub around leaving it to soak and dry a bit. Pull when the edge of the plate comes clean of paint.
  9. Start adding torn and cut pieces as desired to the card base. I chose a sentiment from a stamp set that had little flowers that I decided to use. Stamp them in coral and raspberry colors on home kitchen style paper towel ( it soaks in the ink better) and cut out or if you have a matching die that's even better.
  10. Add sentiment and flowers, adding small flowers around the card as needed in coral ink.
  11. Make flower centers with Pale Gold Crystal Drops.

I'm a maker who receives goodies chosen by myself for design team work. To see a list of these companies just scroll to the bottom of my blog under FTC Declaration.

Pin It

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Celebrate Plain Jane Style!

There is an Anni-Verve-Sary party going on today! Verve Stamp Company is 2 years old! The hop started at Verve's blog , so come hop on board and see over 5 dozen projects that are sure to get your Verve on! I've been waiting for the right time to blog about this project and when the opportunity came to join in the anniversary blog hop for Verve I knew it was time. My blog hop project today uses all Plain Jane Bible verses from Verve. I saw this project at Susan Roberts gallery on Splitcoaststampers and went to her blog to get the details . I decided to make one for my mother as a Christmas present...in 2008. Yep, I just now finished it and I have the blog hop to thank. Using sketches would have made this a whole lot faster. LOL The two cards shown in the picture above use the latest Plain Jane release for Psalm 121:1-2 (hanging on box) and Hebrews 11:1 (in front of box). And I'll give the details below, but first here's a slide show of the whole year. Hebr...

Friends Purge Hop 2012

A few blogging friends of mine are having a hard time letting go of much loved papers and embellishments, so we decided to share them with all of you in a week long Purge Hop!  If you’ve already been hopping along you have come from Julee’s blog , but if you are starting here just look at the list below for all the links to before and after to get in on all the fun. Just comment once on the hop spots you want a chance to win and tell us what you spy as your favorite item(s). The hop will stay open until January 28th, 5PM ET. Each of my friends will post a winner from their prize post on Monday, January 30th!       1. Tosha 6.  Julee     2.  Andrea 7.  Janelle     3.  Maureen 8.  Betty     4.  Sonja 9.  Teresa     5.  Laurie Here's my treasured supplies I'm willing to give away!  Numerous 6 x 6 sheets of scrapbook paper from these ...

Stampendous New Products - CLOSED

The winner is announced on this post . Mark your calendar to join the Stampendous Design Team next Saturday, for a fun blog hop, complete with prizes you don't want to miss.  We'll be showcasing all sorts of products just released at Winter CHA! Welcome Second Annual Scrappy Bowl Party! Thanks so much for popping in to see my Scrappy project using some new Essentials by Stampendous! As our team is getting ready for the blog hop this coming Saturday I wanted to give you a sneak peek of a new product. It's gonna knock your socks off! The new Color Fragments are so much fun to work with and have so much versatility. The technique I used for this journal cover is the Encrusted Jewels Technique  (video). Color Fragments are sprinkled over Deep Impressions Embossing Powder along with Shabby Blue Embossing Enamel and heat set from the back of the project. (That's just so the fragments don't soar off the page and to the floor.) Now for the Sc...