Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Monday, April 2, 2018

Hop for Autism Awareness!


April is national Autism Awareness Month, and I'm joining in on a hop with many crafty friends across the globe to raise awareness in the stamping community.

Important!!! If you are dropping in unaware everything you need to know about the sponsored hop and how to play along is on Veronica Zalis' blog. You will want to start there because it will have details you don't want to miss like there are over $800 in prizes donated by our favorite stamp companies!!

You probably got here from the Stampendous blog if you are hopping along already, but the full list for the hop is.... on Veronica's blog. Other Stampendous designers are playing too, Jamie Martin and Kathi Rerek.

Now for my card!


Supplies: I provide some product links that are through my Amazon Affiliate, and that means when clicked and purchased in the same session a few pennies are sent my way at no cost to you. Other company links are available when possible and at the original time of this post.

Featured Product(s):
  • Laurel Burch Cling Blossoms Stamp Set (AZSTM)
  • Laurel Burch Blossoms Die Set (AZSTM)
  • Laurel Burch Icons Perfectly Clear Stamp Set (AZSTM)
  • Brushed Wishes Perfectly Clear Stamp Set (AZ, STM)
Plus:
  • Stampendous Mixed Media White Paper (AZ, STM)
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad by Tsukineko (AZ, STM)
  • Versafine™ Onyx Black Ink by Tsukineko® (AZ, STM)
  • Alcohol Markers in the Laurel Burch Color Wheel (Guide)
  • Paper Towel
  • A stain of any kind in blue and green (I used Koi Watercolor Paint Set by Sakura (AZ, EH, Blick)
  • A Fine Line Glue by Adhesive Tech (AZ)
Instructions:
  1. Stain Paper Towel with a coloring medium of choice. This typically is a leftover clean-up towel that was used for a previous job, but it can also be done ahead of time and dried ready for any project, kind of like this one. Let it dry.
  2. Glue onto 4 x 5-1/4 inch Mixed Media White cardstock and trim away excess.
  3. Stamp Laurel Burch Blossoms and leaves with alcohol marker safe Memento black ink onto white paper and color.
  4. Trim blossoms and leaves with matching dies.
  5. Glue onto paper towel background.
  6. Use a stamp positioner to apply Icons border stamp across the bottom, repeat for a solid inked image.
  7. Stamp sentiment and dots with stamp positioner in desired places to repeat stamping for solid images.
  8. Glue onto a folded 4-1/4 by 5-1/2 inch Mixed Media White Paper card base.


I'm a maker who receives goodies chosen by myself for design team work. To see a list of these companies just scroll to the bottom of my blog under FTC Declaration.

Pin It

28 comments:

  1. How pretty your flowers are. They look Nordic--simple and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, WOW! This is GORGOUES!! Those colors!!! (BTW FYI the Stampendous link for you in today's post doesn't bring you here, but to the Autism awareness site) FL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your colours - so pretty and vibrant! Thanks for supporting the Autism Awareness Day & Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vibrant colors.
    Very pretty card that inspires
    you to be happy.
    thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so vibrant & colorful that it has me longing for summer (as I think Mother Nature has decided to skip Spring entirely in my neck of the country)! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card for a great cause.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol this blog hop never see
    Nds. Love the cause!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, what an amazing card! Gorgeous paper towel background and beautifully colored and vibrant florals.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those pretty flowers! Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a bright cheerful card with excellent friendly images, thank you so much x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty--I like the vibrant colors.
    Sue in Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a beautiful, vibrant card. Thank you for sharing. I haven't used the paper towel technique, will have to try.

    ReplyDelete
  13. BEAUTIFUL CARD! LOVE the colors & your design!!! I also LOVED hearing about your technique!!!! ;) THANK YOU for using your talent to touch the lives of those with Autism! MANY BLESSINGS to you for your part in this hop! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those flowers. Very vibrant card. Some of these cards have the best sentiments. Thank you for participating in the autism awareness blog hop. My 8 year old nephew is autistic. He’s non-verbal but he loves music and likes getting his hands messy with ink after I stamp various images. This means so much to me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful floral card - love the vibrant colors.

    ReplyDelete
  16. gorgeous...love those blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow! your flowers are so bold and bright - just like I anticipate spring being when it finally arrives here. :) currently we have snow and rain and anything except what your lovely card portrays!

    this blog hop is so powerful and inspiring with the wonderful projects and stories that everyone is sharing. thanks for being a part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your card Janelle. You did a lovely job on it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This card is perfection! Love the popping colors. You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your colors are gorgeous on this beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your card with such bright colors! Thanks so much for supporting this blog hop event!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your card is so lovely! The flowers are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous card! The colors are so rich and vibrant! I've never heard of the technique you used, it's very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your bright flowers. Thanks for supporting Autism awareness!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this set if LB flowers. They are so versatile (I just used them yesterday on a card) Beautiful color choices, pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I never saw a paper towel technique before, this is so clever and what a beautiful card, I will need to try this soon. Love your card. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the vibrant colors!! Thank you so much for supporting this important event!
    ❤ J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!