Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Friday, January 31, 2014

Loving Layers in Mixed Media


I've never had a second thought about mixed media not having layers. It's might not exactly be like master artist hiding a whole work under a layer of gesso, but I'd like to wish that I've hidden some gems that peak up out from the layer above it.

Well today's post is about loving those layers as a challenge on Splitcoaststampers Mix-Ability Challenge.


The process I went through is not entirely documented in my mind, but it started with an acrylic wash and then stamping with bubble wrap, some dry brush strokes, stencils were used, inked up stamps and then splatters of white gesso. It doesn't stop there, but it's almost a rinse and repeat at this point. :)

 

I gathered up all the paint used on the background and rubbed it onto a die cut paper doily and cut it around my already glued in place sentiment. I guess I decided that this layering was fun and I wanted to do more of it.

These kinds of cards I don't mind the process because it was a chance to add prayers to the layers I was creating and hoping that some of my dear friends are being comforted and protected. Blessings to you my friends.

Check out page 17 of the Stampendous January 2014 Catalog to see the 
stencil that comes included in this stamp set.


Details:
Stamps: NK Studio Mish Mesh and Say It Today (Stampendous)
Paper: Chocolate (Wausau), watercolor paper, White and Natural (Neenah)
Ink: Rich Cocoa (Memento, Tsukineko)
Accessories: Heavy Medium Gel, Doily die (Sissix), stencil included in NK Studio Mish Mesh Set, bubble wrap, Wonky Circle stencil (Balzer Designs)
Pin It

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!