Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A ~Wave~ to Enjoy


It's the first day of school for my little girl and I'm hoping that she will Enjoy the day!

I made this card with some new Verve from the Anni-Verve-sary release that hit the stores over the weekend. It only took two Verve products for this CAS card that I made to play along with the Splitcoaststampers 2012 Fall CAS DT Search on the first challenge to Get Your Game On.

The waves are a bit methodical, but I cut a 2-inch square of light blue cardstock and then made several passes of mono adhesive tape across the bottom half of the square. I chose four different blue (one teal) cardstock and cut out 2 pieces of the Flourished Trim die. I started from the middle of the cardstock and kept rotating and skewing each color until I made something like a surf worthy ocean. I stamped the smaller sun in Learning to Sail and colored with copic markers. The black frame is created by running adhesive across the back of the four pieces and overlapping them over the top of the blue cardstock. Once they were in place I used my utility knife and gently cut several passes from the inside of the black cardstock to the outside of each corner. Once I went through one piece of cardstock, I pulled away the extra. The bottom I simply tucked under the waves before cutting the corners.





Details:
Stamps: Learning to Sail (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Kraft (Wausau), White (Mohawk), Black and blue scraps
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento, Tsukineko), Copic Markers
Accessories: Flourished Trim Die (A Cut Above Die, Verve), utility knife
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Whoa! This. Is. Brilliant! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THIS! Very creative ocean and I'm becoming a huge fan of the CAS look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cool. Love how you made the waves, and that sun just pops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic idea to use that die for waves! I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!