Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

On the road and packing my Verve mojo,

and some Mojo from my craft room.
(For Mojo90 sketch go here.)



I'm posting this after returning from a vacation cross country, but while I was there I needed to be able to stamp (nerves and idle hands don't go well with me). I was hoping to do anything I wanted for the sketch, but when I arrived at the Sommers farm, our destination, we found out that an Aunt's sister had passed away after struggling with cancer. So my card material was not the best for a sympathy card, but I did what I could. I also found out I don't have any sympathy stamps in my Verve collection. I need to remedy that. Yes, I took my whole collection with me. And it all fits into a 1 1/2" binder.

Here's the card.



I took the picture in our car. What a great way to diffuse the light! It didn't however show the chalky paint I used on the flowers.

I had to get creative for color because all I brought with me was a black ink pad. I used my daughter's paints that she got from her great grandma for her birthday. It was out of a $3 kids art kit. Don't get me wrong, they turned out to be a lot of fun for my children and myself regardless of the price on the packaging. I used some local scrapbook supply store cardstock, and I think some Stampin' Up! Cranberry Crisp and the patterned paper is from a pack called Pocket Full of Posies (pre-glittered). The sentiment is Verve's Plain Jane Isaiah 61:3 (I think I posted on my SCS gallery that it was Jeremiah 29:11. Oops. It was between these two sets and Isaiah seemed better of the two for the card.). The flowers are from Because of You and the Plain Jane Elegant Flower sets. I brought along a diecut from my stash of leaves that was close in color to the ribbon I used. It's a Sissix Bigz die cut. I dabbed some Diamond Stickles to the center of the flowers to go with the patterned paper. Hiding behind the flowers is the rest of the sketch. I made a circle from a plastic cup as my guide and then cut a matching layer to go behind it.



The paint I used was from this palette. You have to love the four-year-old treatment of the paintbrush. I decided to use cotton swabs, but didn't get anymore detail out of them than if I had used the brush.


Now that I'm home I have full capacity of paper crafting supplies, yippee! I needed to make a thank you card to give to one of our nice neighbors who looked after my hydrangeas while we were gone. They look well taken care of, but have lost their blue color and moved into the green phase. Love it! I used this week's Mojo sketch 90 and directions for a box in a bag from splitcoaststampers website.




A close up of the yellow hydrangea's.



I apologize for not giving the full credit to the paper I use. Before I had my children I stock piled paper for scrapbooking and then in the process of organizing 3 years later I've found I don't know where most of it came from specifically, but almost all of them are from a Slab pack I bought a long time ago at Joann's Fabric and Craft Store. So the patterned paper is from one of those slab's and the cardstock is of course local bought. The flowers are punched with Martha Stewart hydrangea 3-in-1 and large single punches then burnished with a stylus, flipped and poked in the center with a small stylus. The centers are Stickles Waterfall and then Crystal Effects over it after it had dried. The spirals are made from hand cut paper and wrapped around the small stylus post. Green ribbon behind the flowers and as the closer is from Joann's. I punched out two file tabs with SU! punch. I used eyelets on the tabs from a packet I bought at Joann's but over in the clothes making section (don't know if it's cheaper, but I'll believe it that way.) The sentiment is from Verve for purchasing from them. Isn't that just novel. It's what makes the company a great one to go back to time and time again. It was stamped with Stampin' Up! Tempting Turquoise.

That was long winded! Thanks for staying with me through it all and as always thanks for stopping by my little blog world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!