Monday, March 8, 2010

I'm hosting InStyle's Method Monday today

I'm doing a tutorial over at InStyle's blog for Method Monday! Since this week is all about Hawaii at InStyle Stamps blog, I thought we could create some bright and cheery flowers for our projects!

I've had so much fun that I made a few different flowers so check out this flower tutorial and then go over to InStyle's blog to see the other flower.
Supplies are:
  • White paper (not shown)
  • Flower punch
  • Twine (corded with at least three strands)
  • Stylus
  • Paper Piercing Tool and pad
  • Matching marker and ink pad
  • Sponges
  • Glitter


Step 1: Apply liquid glue to one end of the strand of twine.

Step 2: Apply glitter to the glue. Make sure to get all sides of the dab of glue. Place it in a tall glass to dry. Repeat this for as many flowers as you are going to make.



Step 3: Punch out flower shape from white cardstock. Attach to sticky note and punch out a second time to double the petals. The sticky note acts as a handle to position the punched flower.



Step 4: Cut between petals about 2/3 towards the center.



Step 5: Sponge the edges.


Step 6: Sponge the center with a cotton swab and dot with a marker.

Step 7: Flip the flower over onto a piercing pad and rub the flower in a circular motion from the center to the outside.

Step 8: Turn over and with a small stylus or bone folder, press the center down to *pop* the petals up.


Step 9: Pierce a hole in the center just large enough for the twine to go through.

Step 10: Thread twine through the front of the flower.



Step 11: Glue together.



You're done! Now create as many as you want for a card, frame, bouquet or even a lei!
Do you like the pink flowers too? If you want to see them created head on over to InStyle Stamps blog and see it today!

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did SUCH a great job with this!! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great flower tut. I can't wait to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I snuck onto the ISS blog at work yesterday to check this out and can't remember if I left you a comment there, but this is totally fabulous!! They look like really expensive Primas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful creation!! I will have to try to make these flowers!! Thanks for sharing and the tutorial!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a fab tut honey i have bookmarked it to try later, hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!