Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Thursday, January 11, 2018

Love Ya Valentine!


It's Thursday already this week and I've been busy getting Christmas decor put away! I had a week with the flu but now that it's down to a pesky cough I'm back to all my crafting and cleaning shenanigans.

My card today was simple to make with just a little bit of patience mixed in. The background stamp Valentine Love from Technique Junkies is a January release stamp. Use code TJ10Janelle to get 10% discount on your order!


Do you have any glossy cardstock? I have a ton of it from years ago and I decided to use it with Valentine Love for a color-popping card. Here's how I made the card.

Supplies: I provide some product links that are through my Amazon Affiliate and that means when clicked and purchased in the same session a few pennies are sent my way at no cost to you.

Technique Junkies:
Plus:
  • Glossy cardstock (AZ)
  • White cardstock (AZ)
  • Ecoline watercolor Brush Pen - Vermillion, Magenta and Red Violet (Blick) (get the whole kit and kaboodle set of 15 at Amazon)
  • Versafine™ Onyx Black Ink by Tsukineko® (AZ)
  • Wedding Words Die Set by Echo Park (AZ)
  • Pentel Arts Aquash Water Brush, Medium Fine (AZ)
  • A Fine Line Glue by Adhesive Tech (AZ)
  • 3M Scotch 2090 Blue Painters Tape: 1-inch (AZ, Blick)
  • MISTI Stamping Tool (AZ, SP)
  • Sizzix Die Brush Kit (AZ)
  • Pick Me Up Tool (AZ)
Instructions:
  1. Insert glossy cardstock into MISTI and place Valentine Love stamp centered on top of the paper, then close MISTI lid to cling stamp to the lid.
  2. Ink stamp with waterproof black ink and stamp onto paper. Repeat for a solid design.
  3. On a clean palette or nonporous surface apply Ecoline colors and watercolor onto paper using water brush filled with water.
  4. Tape word dies with painter's tape onto dry Valentine Love background and run through die cutting machine according to directions.
  5. Carefully remove die cut and save chads inside word. 
  6. Glue down background onto white cardstock base and begin to add interior die cut "chads" of the letters with Pick Me Up Tool. TIP: I used the die cut words as guides by placing them back into their spots then glued the die chads into place. 
Remember to use code TJ10Janelle when shopping at Technique Junkies website! Thanks for stopping by.




This blog post contains goodies I received for free from some of my favorite crafting companies. I blog about things I love to make and the comments I use are honest and my opinion.



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!