Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Friday, September 29, 2017

A Sneaky Peek Card with double the FUN!


It's a sneaky peek Friday! I'm hosting the Splitcoaststampers Mix-Ability Challenge this week with a card that I warned myself of a potential die cut mistake, but when I thought of how I'd fix it I decided to do it anyway!


Yes, I talked myself into a mistake on this card. I'll tell you about it, but first I want to get to the challenge.



Shaker cards are trendy, window cards are the rage too so why not add in mixed media twist for a wide-open challenge. Stop by the forum and play along in the challenge!


There is one more sneak peek on my card, but it's not for the challenge. There's a new Stampendous stamp set I used that is releasing in October and available NOW on their website.  You'll find yoga frogs, border dies and more!

Here are details about my card for today and as always thanks for stopping by!

Stampendous:

  • *NEW* - Brushed Script Perfectly Clear Stamp Set
  • Versafine Onyx Black Ink Pad
Plus:
  • Kraft Cardstock
  • Clear Acetate, Wax Paper and book page
  • Distress Crayons or Water soluble oil pastels or crayons
  • Matte Medium by DecoArt
  • White Gesso by DecoArt
  • Permanent Marker
  • Nesting Dies
  • Embossing Folder
  • Natural Twine
  • Mini Stapler (I used Swingline)

Instructions:

  1. Fold kraft cardstock to make a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 inch card base and die cut window through both layers.
  2. Insert front of the card into the embossing folder and run through a die cutting machine.
  3. Unfold and tape down onto a craft mat and brush white gesso over the front. Color with a combination of crayons.
  4. Die cut clear window sheet in a slightly larger size and glue to inside front of the card with matte medium and add torn book page pieces around the front of the window.
  5. Stamp flower icon with black ink onto card front and doodle frame with a permanent marker.
  6. Add cross stitch and running stitch elements to card corners with natural twine and needle. Use a grid paper or template with a paper piercer for a pattern.
  7. Rub crayons onto wax paper, fold paper in half and iron or heat with embossing tool smearing colors around. Let cool and die cut larger than the window inside the card. Glue with matte medium or white liquid glue.
  8. Stamp sentiment onto a strip of white gesso book page and cut one end into a tail. Color and staple to card front with a loop of twine.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!