Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Not Calling Favorites and the July Stampendous Release


It's the big 2016 Holiday Catalog release at Stampendous! Yay! I'm excited about so many of the products and given a special Narnia wardrobe to allow time to stand still, I would sit in my studio and design with almost every new product. There are just too many to call a single one a favorite... but I can call favorites on the samples I made so today I'm sharing one of them.


Here are some other designers sharing their favorites today as well as the Stampendous post for Stencil Thursday, it's a plethora of release information!

1. Stampendous Blog 4. Alison Heikkila
2. Kristine Reynolds5. Laura Drahozal
3. Louise Healy

And here's how I made my card!

Supplies:

Stampendous:
SSC1068 Christmas Wishes Perfectly Clear™ Stamp Set
FMS4044 Holly Scroll Stencil
DCP1007 Build A Wreath Die Set
DP020 Detail Clear Embossing Powder
DWDEPT Dreamweaver Translucent Paste
DWDPK Dreamweaver Palette Knife
DWLM2010 Paste Spreader
MPW811 Mixed Media White Paper
SSH46 Large Acrylic Perfectly Clear™ Stamp Handle
EPA50 HT400 Embossing Heat Tool

Plus:
My Colors™ Mint Julep cardstock by My Mind's Eye®
Colorbox® Pigment Ink by Clearsnap® (Scarlet, Cranberry, Chianti, Lemon Grass, Moss Green, Green, Espresso)
Red Organdy ribbon by Creative Impressions®
Zip-Dry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives
3D Glue Dots®
Micro Glue Dots®
Sponges or daubers
Removeable tape
Anti-static remover

Instructions:

  1. Fold half of a Mint Julep cardstock in half for a finished 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch card base.
  2. Sponge lighter reds and greens onto 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch white cardstock. Let dry.
  3. Sponge reds on 2 x 4 1/2 inches white cardstock.
  4. Use anti-static remover before stamping Christmas Wishes sentiment with Espresso ink.
  5. Sprinkle sentiment with clear embossing powder, tap off the excess and heat set.
  6. Trim edges into pennant tails.
  7. Tape down larger sponged paper onto flat surface and then tape Holly Scroll Stencil down.
  8. Apply translucent paste along one side of the stencil with palette knife.
  9. Change to the paste spreader and on a 30 degree angle drag along paste evenly over the stencil.
  10. Promptly remove stencil and place into warm soapy water with palette knife and spreader. Rinse and dry.
  11. Let paste dry on paper and then sponge darker reds and greens over stenciled paper ending with various spots in brown ink.
  12. Dampen a paper towel of cloth and gently remove ink from translucent embossing.
  13. Trim down embossed paper to fit on card base and tie a bow around the bottom with red organza ribbon. Glue to card base.
  14. Cut three holly leaves from Build A Wreath on Mint Julep cardstock. Cut berries from leftover sponged paper or red paper. Bend leaves at scored veins on leaves.
  15. Use 3D glue dots to adhere sentiment strip.
  16. Glue holly leaves and berries down as shown with Zip-Dry glue.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!