Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Friday, April 1, 2016

The Elephant in My Studio


April Foolery, not! I'm posting today about an elephant! I needed something that was large enough to meet the challenge in the Mix-Ability forum on Splitcoaststampers. Easy choice with this gal at a height of 4 1/4 inches tall.



Now why so big? To meet the challenge that Kyra (SCS alias, scrapacat) challenged us with was to make our stamping overhang on a cut rectangle! See why I needed my large mammal?


I cheated. I used my MISTI tool and stamped first on the card base and then added the rectangle monoprint (done previously and in my stash), but the tricky part was lining up the solid stamping I did with the foam stamp that's part of the Elephant set. It all lined up fine except the trunk, but then I really like how that looks anyway.

I doodled in some colorful detail with some new pens, check them out they are water-soluble when wet and permanent when dry, Graphik by Derwent.


No stamping required, just a pen and my hand. Yep, that sentiment is made with my own handlettering. I have long been wanting to learn to do brush lettering for signage, way before it was trendy for papercrafters, and somehow by chance I ran into a 31 days to LoveYOURLettering class by Lisa Walters at CreativLei.com. I blame it on 'Scope sharing, but I don't regret taking the plunge this month. I'm behind in the videos, but I've made huge leaps in my confidence to use my own lettering.

I even went to the local library and gathered up all but two of their calligraphy and lettering books. I've devoured one within 24 hours and starting the next one this weekend. I never knew how much I was going to enjoy it.

So enough of that until later. I made a card for this challenge that ended up without any of the challenge elements so my elephant card is a round 2 design. I'll share my other card next week!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Details:
Stamps: Elephant Foam Stamp, Cling Rubber and Stencil Set
Paper: Mixed Media White Paper, craft store color cardstock
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko), acrylic paint (DecoArt), gold pen (Marvy Uchida), 0.8 black pen (Copic), Graphik Color Pens (Derwent)
Accessories: Creative Palette (Stampendous), brayer, paper trimmer.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!