Skip to main content

Faulty Break of Dawn


It's Monday already! I'm back with a card I made for the Mix-Ability challenge, that my little ol' self is hostess on Splitcoaststampers. We are have some Faulty Fun for the week.

If you want to have some fun with mixed media and use supplies you already have in your stash, we have the challenges for you. Go check out MIX156: Faulty Fun for a little creativity incorporating a fault line that slides, shifts or slips in a project that includes 2 or more mediums. 


My fault line happens to be the break of dawn in this mixed media card that uses three different coloring mediums, plus ink to stamp the image onto watercolor paper.

It was so much fun to add spontaneous bits of color and m favorite are the light night lights on in the sky scraper and warehouse building.

Here is the supply list and instructions to get an idea of how I went about creating this card.

Supplies:

Stampendous:
NKCFS03 Urban Scribble Stamp Set
SSC1238 Love Always Perfectly Clear Stamp Set
STF082 Versafine™ Onyx Black Ink by Tsukineko®
SSH57 Jumbo Perfectly Clear Acrylic Stamp Handle

Plus:
My Colors™ Cardstock by My Mind's Eye
Watercolor Paper
Koi™ Watercolor Paints by Sakura
Colored Pencils by Prismacolor®
Acrylic Paint Pens by Liquitex
Zip-Dry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives

Instructions:

  1. Fold a 10 x 7 inch color cardstock in half for a 5 x 7 inch finished card base.
  2. Stamp image on watercolor paper with black ink.
  3. Use color washes on buildings and sky and build up to brighter colors and muted colors for the day and night side of the cards.
  4. Stamp sentiment from Love Always Perfectly Clear Stamp Set with black ink.
  5. Use colored pencils to add highlights in contrasting colors and shadows in neutral colors.
  6. Add stars with a white acrylic paint pen. Add dark shadows sparingly with black paint pen.


Pin It

Comments

  1. Love this, Janelle! Wonderful colors with a unique concept!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness- I loooooooveee this so much!!!! Amazing!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the watercolor soft feel to your card! The hand drawn looking buildings really appeal to me. This is a gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Celebrate Plain Jane Style!

There is an Anni-Verve-Sary party going on today! Verve Stamp Company is 2 years old! The hop started at Verve's blog , so come hop on board and see over 5 dozen projects that are sure to get your Verve on! I've been waiting for the right time to blog about this project and when the opportunity came to join in the anniversary blog hop for Verve I knew it was time. My blog hop project today uses all Plain Jane Bible verses from Verve. I saw this project at Susan Roberts gallery on Splitcoaststampers and went to her blog to get the details . I decided to make one for my mother as a Christmas present...in 2008. Yep, I just now finished it and I have the blog hop to thank. Using sketches would have made this a whole lot faster. LOL The two cards shown in the picture above use the latest Plain Jane release for Psalm 121:1-2 (hanging on box) and Hebrews 11:1 (in front of box). And I'll give the details below, but first here's a slide show of the whole year. Hebr...

Friends Purge Hop 2012

A few blogging friends of mine are having a hard time letting go of much loved papers and embellishments, so we decided to share them with all of you in a week long Purge Hop!  If you’ve already been hopping along you have come from Julee’s blog , but if you are starting here just look at the list below for all the links to before and after to get in on all the fun. Just comment once on the hop spots you want a chance to win and tell us what you spy as your favorite item(s). The hop will stay open until January 28th, 5PM ET. Each of my friends will post a winner from their prize post on Monday, January 30th!       1. Tosha 6.  Julee     2.  Andrea 7.  Janelle     3.  Maureen 8.  Betty     4.  Sonja 9.  Teresa     5.  Laurie Here's my treasured supplies I'm willing to give away!  Numerous 6 x 6 sheets of scrapbook paper from these ...

Stampendous New Products - CLOSED

The winner is announced on this post . Mark your calendar to join the Stampendous Design Team next Saturday, for a fun blog hop, complete with prizes you don't want to miss.  We'll be showcasing all sorts of products just released at Winter CHA! Welcome Second Annual Scrappy Bowl Party! Thanks so much for popping in to see my Scrappy project using some new Essentials by Stampendous! As our team is getting ready for the blog hop this coming Saturday I wanted to give you a sneak peek of a new product. It's gonna knock your socks off! The new Color Fragments are so much fun to work with and have so much versatility. The technique I used for this journal cover is the Encrusted Jewels Technique  (video). Color Fragments are sprinkled over Deep Impressions Embossing Powder along with Shabby Blue Embossing Enamel and heat set from the back of the project. (That's just so the fragments don't soar off the page and to the floor.) Now for the Sc...