Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Friday, March 20, 2015

Easter Egg Theme with Stampendous


It's Easter Egg Hunt week with Stampendous and today I'm sharing along with some of my fellow design teamies to give you the hunt for some cute projects that can be done in a jiffy for Easter.

I decided to make these little Egg Cup stands. At first I thought, "Oh, I can add cut a strip of paper across the bottom and they can be used for table place eggs." Nice thought until I cut the strip just from the paper between each stamped image. Good thought, I won't have to glue it on? What I'm really trying to say is I should have measured around a real egg to get the correct length strip. If you decided to make these sweet little egg cups, you now know what to change. :)



These little chicks were photographed using my cell phone, because the battery charger for my real camera isn't charging it anymore. I'm impressed that it looks this good. My how phone camera's are improving.

If you want instructions, please head on down towards the bottom of the post. For now there are some other designers anticipating your arrival to see their Egg Hunt projects. Thank you for stopping by!

Amy Hurley-Purdie

Kristine Reynolds

Pam Hornschu

Amy Hurley-Purdie (2nd project)

Lea Kimmel


Details? Here they are!

Supplies:

Stampendous:
V304 Egg Cup
MPW811 Mixed Media White Paper
MEM01 Memento™ Tuxedo Black Ink by Tsukineko®
SSH34 Medium Perfectly Clear Acrylic Stamp Handle

Other:
Alcohol Pens by Chameleon Pens®
Scissors
Zip-Dry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives®

Instructions:


  1. Stamp Egg Cup with black ink onto Mixed Media White Paper and color.
  2. Trim around the image and set aside.
  3. Measure a strip of paper around egg and overlap by 1/2-inch. At 1/4 inch from the end cut a slit halfway up the strip. On the other end cut halfway down. Use this to lock the strip of paper together forming a loop.
  4. Glue Egg Cup onto the loop. 



Pin It

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea!! I am headed to find this stamp so that I can have it in time for the grandchildren to color them for their eggs! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea! I love this stamp. How about gluing a belly band around the egg.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!