Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Friday, January 30, 2015

Stampendous Flowers in the Mix



This week the Stampendous focus has been on flowers. We hope you've stopped to smell the roses as you've seen them. It seems just as soon as we see the flowers bloom they are gone, right? Well the best thing about stamps is that your flowers will always be in bloom.

Today I'm sharing Rain Flower from the House-Mouse Designs collection and it's also for the latest Mix-Ability challenge MIX105: Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head.

First this stamp is PERFECT for the challenge and second the technique Lydia mentions is awesome, but I cheated out by using this PERFECT image for the challenge. Muzzy is just too cute not to use, right?


Thanks for stopping by to see my project today! Before I get to the supplies and instructions, there are a few from the design team that are posting today as well. If you haven't stopped by to see them, or gone to the Stampendous blog to see all the goodies there you can click on their links below.

Stampendous Blog

Kristine Reynolds

Jennifer Dove (Thursday Post)

Janelle Stollfus

Asia King


Supplies:

From Stampendous:
HMV14 House-Mouse® Rain Flower Stamp
SSC1213 Life Words Perfectly Clear Stamp Set
Versafine Onyx Black Ink by Tsukineko
SSH34 Small Perfectly Clear Acyrlic Handle

Plus:
Cardstock by Core'dinations®
Watercolor paper (smooth surface or hot press)
Zip-Dry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives
Grumbacher Watercolors
Paint brushes
Mini Stapler
Ribbon by May Arts®
Opaque White by Copic®
Sand-It Gadget by Core'dinations
Stylus

Instructions:



  1. Fold a 5 1/2 x 11 cardstock in half for a finished size of 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 square inch card base.
  2. Stamp Rain Flower with Onyx Black ink onto watercolor paper and color with watercolors.
  3. Stamp sentiment from Life Words.
  4. Wet edges around image and tear (optional).
  5. Glue image onto sanded cardstock and tie a bow with ribbon around lower edge.
  6. Staple a pendant over top of mat.
  7. Glue matted image to card base.



Pin It

5 comments:

  1. So cute! I like the layered sanded Core'dinations paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh! Very beautiful and touching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!! Great coloring and LOVE the Core'dinations papers! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so adorable! I love the watercolors on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sooooo beautiful! I love the coloring!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!