Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Friday, October 24, 2014

Mixability Challenge Today!


Today I'm hosting the Mix-Ability Challenge on Splitcoaststampers and it's going to be ghostly. Check out challenge in the forum and then we'd love to have you join us.

We, in the forum, want you to feel like mixed media is fun, easy and approachable so our challenges are made to combine the papercrafting supplies you already have and maybe some basic art supplies you can find in most craft stores, to start a you on the road to mixed media.

So today's card is a simple step into mixed media with just one element on the card that works for the challenge today. MIX91: Ghostly Outlines.



For my card, I used the Reverse Masking challenge to create my ghostly outline on the PenPattern Leaves stamp. This stamp set has a free template included in the set, so I grabbed the template (the reverse) and sponged white acrylic paint on the pattern paper. I tilted the template slightly and sponged again so the edge would be slightly blurred. 


The PenPattern leaf was stamped with Cloudy Sky ink. It came out a little darker than I had hoped, but it's light enough that it works for me. After that I sponged a few more white template leaves to frame the sentiment area. Here's a close up of the leaf.



I used Hope Verses for my sentiment and matted it with rust cardstock. A small doo-dad was added to finish off the card. 

Details:
Stamps: PenPattern Leaves, Hope Verses (Stampendous)
Paper: Country Road Paper Pack (The Paper Studio), White Cardstock (Neenah Paper), Rust (Wausau), Brown (stash)
Ink: StazOn Cloudy Sky, Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko)
Accessories: embellishment (Jolee's), crochet edging (stash)

Items available online:


Pin It

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!