Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Back to Kindergarten with Lydia


Happy Monday, everyone! It's been a little wet in our neck of the woods and yesterday we saw a few rays of sunshine in between rain showers. I love those types of spring days. It put me in the mood to do some cleaning and crafting, so I went to my studio and did both!

This card today is an accomplishment for me. I admit that I might have flunked this assignment in class if I had to do it under pressure, but with some time and a few searches on the internet and the posting of the challenge it is supporting where you can find THREE awesome videos, I finally made it work.

It's the Mix-Ability challenge hosted this week by Lydia bringing us back to the basics of our inner artists. Check it out on the Splitcoaststampers forum for Fridays under Mix-Ability, MIX65: Back to Kindergarten.



After a few trials with watercolor mediums, yes I tried three, I switched to Ranger Distress Inks for the color on this card. I'm not going to tell you what the challenge is you'll just have to go check it out at the forum. I'm not even going to give it away in my details below. :)

Try it on your next project and link it up to the challenge thread anytime.

Details:
Stamps: Butterfly Tune and Loving Messages Stamps (Stampendous)
Paper: White (Neenah), Gray charcoal paper (Strathmore)
Ink: Jet Black (Archival, Ranger), Worn Lipstick, Concord Grapes, Shabby Shutters (Ranger)
Accessories: Sponges

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Janelle, I believe I have figured out why I might not have gotten the results I was expecting. I colored my butterfly with Prismacolor pencils and then... I went around it with the white crayon. I then used a transparent watercolor wash. I think if I would have used distress ink to give color to the image I would have seen the white resist better. Each time I see this beautiful card and example it just makes me want to try again. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love butterflies!!! Thanks for this inspiring card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous technique and especially love how it came out!! Love this new image by Stampendous and am going to stalk my Michaels till it comes in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mistakes or not it is a beautiful card! I love the background and have actually been playing around with resists lately and am loving it. I am doing embossing first and then doing the inked background afterwards. SO much fun and I love the effect it gives!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty. It has a wonderful flow.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!