Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Diva Inspirations are hopping today


Welcome to our February Diva Inspirations Hop!  
Today the Divas are dusting off some Verve favorites and putting on our monthly hop to inspire you with a fresh new spin on the stamps in our stash! So grab a drink and hop along as we share a little Verve with you!

There's a great little prize involved, too! A random commenter on one of the hops will win a $30 gift certificate to VERVE, so be sure to leave a little love in the comment section as you hop about! You can find out all the prize details over on the Verve Blog today.


Your next hop is Laurie
In case you are just getting started in the hop here is the full list to get you going.
1. Julee8. Andrea
2. Betty9. Charmaine
3. Jen10. Janelle
4. Sankari11. Laurie
5. Sony12. Maureen
6. Susan13. Teresa
7. Amber



Details:
If you want to know more: I started with a wood grain embossing folder and a piece of blue card stock. I started with a foam roller ($1 store) and a mixture of white, black and raw umber acrylic paints. Then I switched to a rubber brayer with some more white added to the mixture so I would only get the raised grain of the embossed paper. Then I decided to heave-ho the rest of the paint onto the embossed paper with a palette knife. Three different ways to get paint effects with embossed paper.

I wanted to repeat the blue from the base mat and used it on the Rounded Scallop Frame. It was too much solid blue so I repeated the paint mixture, but only used a dry stiff brush (I think I didn't clean it out sufficiently from the last use, but if you have a stencil brush that would work well too). The pennant trim die paper and scallop circle peeking out from the doily are made from white paper that I used a brayer and a Gray ink pad, a paper that was already in my stash.

And if you're curious, I made pattern paper for the cupcake with Verve's Graph Paper Plain Jane stamp because it was the perfect size grid for my small embellishment.

Stamps: Treasured Words, Graph Paper Plain Jane and With Love (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Charcoal Linen (Wausau), white (Neenah), Pewter (Neenah), true blue and dusty rose scraps
Ink:  Basic Black (Stampin' Up)
Accessories:  Seam binding (Truly Madly Deeply , Verve), Rounded Rectangle die (A Cut Above die, Verve), Rounded Scallop Frame (A Cut Above die, Verve), Pennant Trim die (A Cut Above, Verve), Lace doily (LSI), scallop circle die (Spellbinders), gray twine (The Twinery), button, Pink rhinestones (Want2Scrap), wood grain embossing folder (Darice), acrylic paints (mixed white, black, raw umber), palette knife, sewing machine


Pin It

40 comments:

  1. what an adorable cupcake! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love the color combo and the little cupcake is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grays and pink, such a classic combo. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great color combo - love the pop of pink gems!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! Love the white-washed grey papers. So cool on the woodgrain texture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the wood grain BG and the bling cluster on the sentiment panel. Great touch with the cupcake :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the combination of the grey and pink and the interesting effect you made for the background. I will have to give that a go. Your card is really nice and I for one would be really happy if someone sent me a card like yours on my birthday. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful colors! I love this combo, simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful birthday card Janelle ~ love the color combo on this! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great background Janelle. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the grey and pink and the sweet little cupcake!! Great card!! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute. I really love the cupcake - it made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your wonderful created background! And the pink accent is perfect! Who doesn't love a sweet pink cupcake on their birthday! Super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So fabulous, Janelle! Love that wood grain background and the graph paper frosting and all that pink bling. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great birthday card! Love the sweet design!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the clever use of the pennants, the wonderful bling, and the cupcake "topper"....just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card--I like all the bling.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great card! Love the colors and the little cupcake is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The wood grain effect sure makes this card darling! Would not have thought of that and the pink is sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is fabulous! Love the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  21. terrific card, the most adorable cupcake ever!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow what a card...love the grey and pink. The embossing looks amazing. What brand of doily die is that...lsi?

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this card and love pink and gray together. I love the scallop die and the woodgrain - the colour you chose for the eb folder looks like really old and weathered wood.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a cute card....love the pink/grey combo!

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow...gorgeous! love the pink and grey combo with the woodgrain!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very cute card. Love the touch of bling.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the pinks and grays and bling! So classy yet fun!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful card. ;-) I love the colors and fun elements you used. I also enjoyed reading your description of how you created this. Thanks for sharing. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Amazing card, love its colors and all its little details!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your card is very becautiful! I like how the ribbon stands out because of its colour. Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Totally love how you did that embossing with the paint, what a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great card! I love the color combo you used!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love this color combo and the wonderful background and banner detailing! Fabulous card, Janelle!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a gorgeous and elegant birthday card! Pink and grey are such a great color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Very pretty. Love the pink and gray color combo.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!