Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Viva La Verve Sketch Day


Hey folks!

With all the fun Verve spotlights and today's release hop, I needed to drop in a post for the new Viva La Verve sketch! I'm so excited to host this week's sketch for all of you. Just like fellow Diva Betty, it's my first time hosting. So excited...


And my take on the sketch...


The quick breakdown on this card is using my new Verve Release stamps and dies. The flowers are from Verve's Joyful Bloom set and are cut our with it's coordinating Joyful Blooms Die. These are resting on possibly my first posted rosette. I think. Both the rosette and die cut flowers received a healthy misting of coffee spray, a new favorite distressing option of mine. (I can still smell the coffee while I'm writing this post). I dropped the rosette onto an eyelet circle die from Spellbinder's that I sponge distressed with Brushed Corduroy. All this is flanked by two swatches of burlap and one white cloth coffee sprayed and stamped with the Small Celebrations sentiment.

I actually had everything positioned and removed the rosette and flowers to sew it down onto the rounded-edge mat that was sponge distressed with Brown Bag ink.

Head on over to the VLV forum to get all the details.


Details:
Stamps: Joyful Blooms and Small Celebrations (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Life's Journey (K and Company), Soft Suede and Crumb Cake (Stampin' Up), Ginko (Wausau)
Ink: Brown Bag (CTMH), Brushed Corduroy (Ranger)
Accessories:  Joyful Blooms Die (A Cut Above Die, Verve Stamps), Eyelet Circle die (Spellbinders), Edge Scraper (MM), Burlap, broadcloth, sewing machine and thread, pinking shears rotary blade, Score Board (Martha Stewart)

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully done! Coffee spraying, huh? Hmmm wonder if Starbucks has 'coffee in a mister to for'! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nan~ I think they would make a new fortune tapping into the craft market. :o)

      Until then just use instant espresso (or coffee) granules and water.

      Happy stamping!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!