Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Merry Magical Winter

It's a bright and sunny day today and decided to share a card I made in December that was a bit blustery weathered. It will make a for a great post holiday thank you card.


I used Dream Text as the background stamp and embossed with Aged Black embossing powder. Added the snowflake stamp on top of it with some Shabby Embossing Enamel and then cleaned and inked up the snowflake again in StazOn Black over the top.  The corners of the background paper are decorated with mica flakes by sprinkling them over the embossing and heating from underneath the paper. I grabbed a blue reinker bottle and tinted some white gesso to spread around the edges. It looks kind of like a frosted window. 

The background paper was wrapped with Martha Stewart twine from the holiday set and I glued the ends in place for a whimsy look. Then I brought out some favorite ribbon from the CD gift packaging and tied on jingle bells with black button thread that I heat embossed with Aged Copper and one with Aged Silver. 



It's hard to see how great these embossing products are through photos. The aged has hints of speckled gold and the shabby are a collage of sparkly pearlized goodness.

It so good to be back on a schedule... except for the many more things on my To-Do list. LOL


Details:
Stamps: Dream Text, Jumbo Cling Merry Magical
Paper: Grey, Black
Ink: Versamark, StazOn Black, Brown Bag
Accessories: Shabby Blue Embossing Enamel, Aged Black Embossing Enamel, Tea Stained, Bronzed and Pearlized Mica Fragments, MS twine, brass mini jingle bells, button thread, silk iridescent ribbon, reinker and white gesso.

1 comment:

  1. I love all the embossing Janelle!! Your bow is fabulous!!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!