Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Gifts Galore!

Updated Monday 12/5/2011: I forgot to mention that I'm playing along in the December Verve Diva Dare: A Handmade Christmas! You can play along, too! Go to Day 1 on the Verve Stamps Blog and link up your handmade holiday goodness!

It has been a good week! It's now the weekend and I'm about to show you some of the projects I've been up to this past week. BEWARE... it's a long post with lots of pictures!!!!

In one week I'll be sitting at a booth selling some of my papercrafting and artsy projects to men! Well, only for one hour and then it's open game to all the women. I think I mentioned before that my church is getting all the ladies who own businesses or run them out of their homes, to set up shop for one morning. It happens to be right after the Men's Christmas breakfast. I think they have been encouraged to bring their wallets~ lol.

So here are a few different items I've been working on to sell. All handmade items and all paper crafted.

A gift card box:
Verve's sets: O Christmas Tree and  Winter Tree PJ with
Winter Fun Die Set

The belly band removed and an angled showcase for the
gift card based off of the Creations by AR gift card holder
I purchased and the pizza box template.

Tag Ornament: (my own design from this post)

Verve set Glad Tidings and the
Snowflake Tidings Die Set

Getting a closer look at the acetate window... doesn't show
very well in any of the pics I took, sorry.

Take out the "tag" and slip in a photo.
Then hang it on your tree next year!

Reflecting God Collage Ornament
Explanation? I've been keeping my old paper quarterly church devotionals called Reflecting God, and using them as text backgrounds. So when I was trying to think of something that might be unique to do for ornaments I had an A- ha! moment. It's my first try at collage ornament in triptych style, but oh well, it was a growth experience for me. And yeah, I made up that whole style name. It's not Google-ble, I tried.

Verve Frosty Flakes and
Frosty Snowflakes Die Set

Verve Believe, Blessed Christmas, Filigree Fantasy
and Frosty Flakes.
Frosty Snowflakes Die Set

Verve's Everlasting Life, Christmas in the Air,
O Christmas Tree (very faint tree) and Believe
(Frosty Flakes and Frosty Snowflakes Die Set too.)

A view of the shape and hanger loop.

There are duplicates in different colors and styles of these plus a whole lot more, like plain ol' cards, I've got waiting for the booth. I've heard people spend their whole year creating for one event, I sure wish I had that in mind last winter, but this is a first for me and it will be a great learning experience!


Details? If anyone is curious how I made it, just send me an email. I'll be glad to get back to you as soon as I can. I turned to scraps of holiday looking paper that is too old to find links or it was a garage sale buy. The inks, embossing powders or folder, glitter glue or spray and dies are under these umbrellas; Verve, Spellbinders PaperArts, Stampin' Up, Close to my Heart, AC Zing, Copic AtYou, Ranger and Fiskar for the razor back scissors.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, these are incredible, Janelle! Love that gift box and all the fabulous collage style ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome projects, Janelle! You always inspire me with your creativity! Thanks for playing along in the Diva Dare challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. woohoo! You've been a busy girl! Love all the different projects...I hope the men appreciate how gorgeous these all are :) Good luck at the sale :) and Merry early Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, first time on your blog love what i see, I'm curious how you made your God Collage Ornament. thanks for sharing, pinned to favorites

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kerian! Thank you for commenting on my blog last week! I'm so glad you were able to enjoy a few of my projects.

      The three-sided ornament is are three - 3 x 3 chipboards with a light scoring down the middle with a utility knife. I etched away some of the chipboard to hold some wire and then everything was glued together with a bunch of clothespins holding it all in place.

      If you have any questions, you can email me and I'll be happy to reply.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!