Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I little Pinãta fun last week


For a few weeks now, my son has been asking for a pinãta. It began sometime in May and it wasn't really a request, it was introduced as an idea. My son has a terrific mind full of things to make and we know it's share time when he starts out with, "Hey! I have a good idea!".
So we've made a pinãta and it was a grand party in our backyard.

(My mind is still on vacation... I took ALL of the photos with my Macro setting from the last card photo I took. I hope the photos don't make you dizzy!)

Now, once we layered the paper-mâché on the balloon and hung it in the laundry room to dry, all of the sudden the good idea became a great idea. We could go and buy a "shaped" pinãta! I really do understand and agree, because a newspaper print balloon shape pinãta is not as much fun as a colorful tissue paper fringed shaped pinãta. What to do? Make it look like a shape. What's an easy shape to make with an oblong sphere?

We watch a lot of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Ta-dah!
 Now for the swinging and face-off.


The nose is the first to go. Then when my daughter had her turn it was an ear.


So a few more swings and the pinãta split open... nice.


Hmmmm.... I think someone put the ear back on...feeling a bit sad for our mouse, I guess.

My pinãta tip of the day? For a good first pinãta experience, only do two layers of newspaper so it only takes a few swings to break apart. I'm thinking about a recent car commercial now....





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!