Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Delectable Color Challenge - Nathan's go to the goOAAALLLLL!


As always our Taylor has brought to the June InStyle Stamp Color Challenge table a delectable palette and something to satisfy our tastes! Really now, didn't she just bring the best colors, YUM!


It is amazing that I picked out my image without any thought into what day it is in the world soccer arena. Today, the USA and England stepped on to the pitch for FIFA World Cup 2010. However, I did figure out the coincidence early enough to color Nathan in one of Team USA's uniform colors.



My project today is for my two children who are always investigating and trying new ways to play with old things. In fact on the second day into summer my two sweeties dumped two shelves worth of DVD's onto the floor, made a luggage train from the closet to the bathroom where they decided to clean the bathtub with a bar of soap in their pajamas (my son also decided he would prepare his hair for bath later that night by rubbing the bar on his head. He'll just add water later...LOL), and then later stuck a magnet into the USB port of my computer! So here, hopefully, is a game that will keep them going in the brain developmental.

It's a magnet game of soccer. I've placed Nathan on a strong round magnet and then another one underneath the playing field. The practice cones are moveable so my sweeties can set up any practice drill and then try and get Nathan through it. All they need to do is move the magnet underneath and Nathan just goes to the GOALLLLLLL!

Watch soccer Nathan cut right, cut left, volley and celebrate making the goal:



Have a great day!

Details:
Stamps: ISS Nathan
Paper: Neenah Smooth White, thin chipboard
Ink: LaserJet, Prismacolor Markers and Pencils*
Accessories: Three different circle punches for practice cones, super strength magnets, Nestabilities Standard Large circle die, soccer pitch clipart, Yes! Paste, Hot glue gun, Xacto Knife

*Prismacolor Markers (Pencils): Nathan Hair - Deco Yellow, Yellow Ochre, Goldenrod; Eyes - Colorless Blender, Deco Blue, True Blue: Skin - Pale Peach, Brick Beige, Cinnamon Toast (Beige Sienna); Mouth - Deco Pink, Clay Rose; Uniform - Scarlet Lake, Crimson Red, Mahogany Red, Colorless Blender, Cool Grey 10%, 20% (Blush Pink, Carmine Red, Crimson Red, Dark Purple, French Grey 50%); Socks - (Crimson Red, French Grey 20%, 50%); Cleats - Cool Grey 40%, 70%, 80%, Crimson Red, (Black, Crimson Red); Soccerball - Cool Grey 20%, Colorless Blender

7 comments:

  1. You crack me up! This is too cute! Where did you get those little cones?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janelle - this is marvelous! Fab colouring, and so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy smokes, this is totally awesome!!!! I'm speechless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Janelle, you have your hands full! Great story about your kids and I love your project to help keep them occupied!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Janelle! You rock! Love your coloring and creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - this is fabulous Janelle - so creative...and Nathan is so stunningly coloured too.

    Enjoy the weekend.....Sally-Ann...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!