Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Very Sunny Birthday

Happy Birthday CJ!
I have a special birthday card to share today. My mother-in-law's birthday is Monday and I had prepared to make a card this evening and then either show up at her door or mail it to her (yes, I procrastinate). About 2 p.m. the phone rang and among other things my mother-in-law said something like "...and you're brother said yes." I hollered to my husband to tell him this cryptic message and he said okay. I don't remember the details if we were on the phone still but my husband replies, "Oh we're going out for mom's birthday tonight."

Yipes! I hadn't even showered yet (yep, I'm lazy and didn't get us to church in the morning. We had coughs and runny noses, so I thought we should just stay home)... more importantly I hadn't even made the birthday card.

I went off to another part of the house to mull over the design of another project I've gotten myself into for Verve's Project Parade, and the next thing I knew it was an hour before we were to meet at the restaurant. I little side note, we went to Famous Dave's and it was my first time. I felt like a contestant for the world record barbeque eating contest. Was it good? I'm stuffed. Does that answer your question? Okay back to the card.

Let's see, with about 15 minutes to complete the card, and change a dirty diaper I had to think fast. I need to make it her favorite color. Check, yellow. I needed to use Cuttlebug, check. okay now what! Well we were a few minutes late because of the card but I just had to put on some embellies or it wouldn't have been finished.

The card is special because she's one of my favorite people to be around, and if you know me a 15 minute card is almost unheard of if I'm doing it.

Details:
Stamps: SU Perfect Pairs
Paper: LSS yellow and white
Ink: VersaMagic Thatched Straw
Accessories: Cuttlebug Textile Emboss Folder, SU Pretties pearls, SU grosgrain, Martha Stewart Lace border punch, MM kate kids trim daisy ribbon

1 comment:

  1. Soooo pretty! Love those pearls and how you inked up the embossed part of the card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!