It is the dead of winter outside my winter, so I think it's time for a pop of spring on my blog today.
I'm going to share a fun project I made recently with new Stampendous stamps and matching die sets, plus something that is really neat!
I made the front of the card pretty simple because wait until you see the inside! First here's a close up of the tab die to make my little birdie pop off the card.
The inside uses the new Stampendous Pop Up Stages Die Set! This set truly is the most versatile of the three sets that Stampendous has released.
The background involves airbrushing after stamping and coloring a few leaves. I made a mask out of sticky notes and added it an angle for an artsy touch to the personal message area.
This bird is popped out using the #3 column die from the set. To be honest I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with the parts of the tree so I stamped them all separate, but in the end, I glued them all onto the branch which I could have easily done that on one layer with masks. Anyway, it was nice to be able to move the leaves around until I liked the look of them.
Thank you for stopping by today! Hop on over to these other blogs for more inspiration –
Note: In this supply list affiliate links are used on Amazon (AZ) at no additional cost to you, though it means when you click the link and make a purchase I receive a few pennies as a commission. Stampendous (STM), Ellen Hutson (EH) and Blick Studio (Blick) links are also listed for non-affiliate shopping.
- Cling Spring Tweets Stamp Set (AZ, STM)
- Spring Tweets Die Set (AZ, STM)
- Tweet Chirps Perfectly Clear Stamp Set (AZ, STM)
- Picasso Shield/Stencil Tool (AZ, STM)
- Memento™ Tuxedo Black Marker by Tsukineko® (AZ)
- Jumbo Acrylic Perfectly Clear Stamp Handle (AZ, STM)
- Mixed Media White Paper (AZ, STM)
- Kraft Cardstock (AZ)
- Sketch™ Markers by Copics - 100, BG05, BV01, BV04, C1, E23, E25, E27, E29, E70, E74, E77, G07, G46, Y06, Y15, Y26, YG03, YG05, YG09, YG25, T10 (company website)
- ZipDry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives (AZ)
- Copic Air Brush System Kit #3 (AZ, company website)
- Master Airbrush Compressor (AZ, Harbor Freight)
- Stamp two birds, a branch and three leaves with black ink onto Mixed Media White Paper and color.
- Die cut each piece out with coordinating die set.
- Cut a 10-3/4 x 4 inch white cardstock and mark the center at each edge, do not fold. Lightly mark center line with a pencil.
- Stamp leaves with black ink and masks from die cut sticky notes to create a solid shape at the top center of the cardstock. Color and put masks back over them.
- cover the left side of the cardstock and airbrush BG05 all over the open area. Remove masks and set aside.
- Temporarily place branch and bird in the desired area and make a mark for the column die to be placed, then remove stamped images and tape the column die #3 down onto marked area. Run through die cutting machine and remove die. Train the folds of the column (see video for help)
- Glue branch and bird to the column.
- Stamp sentiment with black ink.
- Glue to the inside of a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 inch kraft cardstock making sure the column pop up isn't glued down.
- Cut a 4 x 5-1/4 inch Mixed Media White Paper.
- At one short end place sticky notes in a straight line, then stamp leaves with black ink over the top of the sticky notes to create a grass line. Remove sticky notes and apply die cut masks.
- Tape over holes in the Picasso Shield/Stencil tool and place tool over top half of cardstock.
- Airbrush BG06 marker over scallop edge of the Picasso Tool. Keep moving the tool around to form clouds. Finish airbrushing down to the grass area.
- Place sticky notes across the grass line towards the clouds, just where the stamped grass begins. Trace grass line onto sticky notes and cut out for a reverse mask to cover sky area.
- Airbrush YG03 and YG05 for the grass area.
- Use the tab die in the grass line to create the pop up for the remaining bird.
- Stamp sentiment above bird on background.
- Glue to the front of the card making sure the tab isn't glued down
- Glue bird to tab.